Forest Green away
2 2

166 posts in this topic

Discovered on Forest green chairman's twitter page that Bolton fans will be attending our away fixture at forest Green due to FG chairman praising notlob fans over the recent transfer dispute between the clubs.   The game  at FG  in the tiny village of nailsworth now got more intriguing.

17 minutes ago, BFC 1885 said:

Discovered on Forest green chairman's twitter page that Bolton fans will be attending our away fixture at forest Green due to FG chairman praising notlob fans over the recent transfer dispute between the clubs.   The game  at FG  in the tiny village of nailsworth now got more intriguing.

S’pose they’re scouting for a new club to support once they go kaput...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, scales of justice said:

It'll be interesting to see if many/ any take up the offer..

Bolton are at home on Monday 21 Jan 

Reading the comments under his tweet some notlob fans have confirmed they're going don't think FG chairman realises that Bolton are our  main rivals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BFC 1885 said:

I suppose it`s possible that there could be some quite meaty encounters between them and some of our more reprobate "fans" - although meaty is the last word to ascribe to the Forest Green pies!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Will be getting my FG ticket before MK Dons game on Saturday.  If going on train   get from Manchester Piccadilly to Stroud.  bus or taxi to ground approximately 30 minutes by bus from Stroud town centre and stops near ground.UTS

17 minutes ago, kingcreo-sote said:

I might just pop down and bring a couple off PORK pies for lunch 🍲

Apparently away fans are subject to rigorous screening at the turnstiles. Smoke bombs and Stanley knives are tolerated but meat related outrages are treated with the utmost severity. You have been warned. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, nick01 said:

Apparently away fans are subject to rigorous screening at the turnstiles. Smoke bombs and Stanley knives are tolerated but meat related outrages are treated with the utmost severity. You have been warned. 

That was only for the Accrington fans ....

• Haha 2

Super Ken t shirts for FGR anyone, available at the club shop 😂😂

super_ken_front.jpg

super_ken_back.jpg

Edited by MrBistow
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, nick01 said:

No Trotters then?

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, seasideshaker said:

The love in between FGR and the Notlob fans on Twitter is making me puke 🤮

FGR are hardly going to save them from going belly up.....not for one minute I think they will but it's enjoyable watching it unfold from afar 

• Like 1

In other news:

There is bar at the ground itself called the Green Man, which is built into the back of the Main Stand. This bar serves real ale from the Stroud Brewery, hot food is available and it has a number of televisions showing televised sports. However, normally only home fans are admitted. The Club though have set up a small marquee bar for visiting fans which is located near to the away turnstiles.

Yay!

https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-two/forest-green-rovers-the-new-lawn.html#awhat-is-it-like-for-away-supporters

• Like 1

The Notlob FGR romance  is hot topic

Bolton  fans, over the last 36 hours we've become friends. If you're coming to the Bury game on 19th - call our ticket hotline to book on 0333 123 1889 and tell them I sent you. Our shirt is up for order online now - all profits to @BWFCST https://t.co/1CGkDM397m. Please share 😎 https://t.co/E9LvQiU6Lf

6 minutes ago, R11 BFC said:

In other news:

There is bar at the ground itself called the Green Man, which is built into the back of the Main Stand. This bar serves real ale from the Stroud Brewery, hot food is available and it has a number of televisions showing televised sports. However, normally only home fans are admitted. The Club though have set up a small marquee bar for visiting fans which is located near to the away turnstiles.

Yay!

https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-two/forest-green-rovers-the-new-lawn.html#awhat-is-it-like-for-away-supporters

Some pubs in walking distance of the ground looking on Google maps. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BFC 1885 said:

The Notlob FGR romance  is hot topic

Bolton fans, over the last 36 hours we've become friends. If you're coming to the Bury game on 19th - call our ticket hotline to book on 0333 123 1889 and tell them I sent you. Our shirt is up for order online now - all profits to @BWFCST https://t.co/1CGkDM397m. Please share 😎 https://t.co/E9LvQiU6Lf

Any indication of how many Bolton fans might come? Or is it just a PR stunt?

3 minutes ago, R11 BFC said:

Any indication of how many Bolton fans might come? Or is it just a PR stunt

Not heard anything about approximate numbers but  some Notlob fans have confirmed they're going by reading the comments on Dale Vince twitter page.  With their ground capacity of only 5,000 I expect a very healthy attendance. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BFC 1885 said:

Not heard anything about approximate numbers but some Notlob fans have confirmed they're going by reading the comments on Dale Vince twitter page.  With their ground capacity of only 5,000 I expect a very healthy attendance. 

Here's hoping it wont kick off then. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, R11 BFC said:

Here's hoping it wont kick off then. 

They had better put the smelly buggers in a different beer tent then!!

As my brother lives in Stroud I shall be staying over and partaking of an ale or 3 and I don't want to have to use a nose plug💩

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 16:01, RADCLIFFE LOYAL said:

I would be happy to share the away terrace with them.

But not necessarily the Cardiff/Bristol City fans who will clearly want to watch as well😛