Forest Green away
2 2

166 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, kingcreo-sote said:

Bloody hell you was very lucky, I got chased all round the town after game and I was only walking back t train station, very scary game that was UTS

apparently it was Derby fans causing the mayhem.  My second away game was York in the next round and got a brick through the coach window right next to us.  I was soon hooked on away games lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mymansoares said:

apparently it was Derby fans causing the mayhem.  My second away game was York in the next round and got a brick through the coach window right next to us.  I was soon hooked on away games lol

Nice one, you can't beat away days

38 minutes ago, scales of justice said:

We took a mate to Preston in 1984, his first ever away game. We were surrounded and threatened by Preston fans.

He hasn’t been to an away game since....!

Don't blame him one bit, it's bloody frightening some places even our days

Bishop Auckland away in the early 90s was a bit feisty after the match. Think a load of Newcastle fans came...and were waiting for us!

Pack horse, 30 Tranmere in a group ran in - they ran straight back out scattering all over the place showered in glass and punches.. I was on the other side of the road and still one of the funniest things I've ever seen..propper own goal 😆

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, R11 BFC said:

Bishop Auckland away in the early 90s was a bit feisty after the match. Think a load of Newcastle fans came...and were waiting for us!

I was there.  They were waiting for us when we left the ground.  A lone motorcycle cop walked down the middle of the road and dispersed about forty of them. 

Brave bloke.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RADCLIFFE LOYAL said:

I was there.  They were waiting for us when we left the ground.  A lone motorcycle cop walked down the middle of the road and dispersed about forty of them. 

Brave bloke.

The ’motorcycle cop’ was on a horse.

Edited by Efng
  • Like 2

An interesting thread on the FGR MB, (link below), Their commercial dept. suggesting that Bolton fans will be housed with the home support, but how can they identify them if they're not wearing a Bolton top? As a Shaker says in the thread, could be a recipe for trouble if they have some hotheads going down intent on a rumble with our support. A couple of ex Shakers on there as well who now support FGR after relocating there a number of years ago, one even has the username "Pitchfork" coming from our infamous away game at Reading, which he attended, where the game was abandoned due to a flooded pitch and the Reading ground staff only had one guy on the pitch complete with a pitchfork.

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=100332

Edited by RNaj1

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 21:44, scales of justice said:

We took a mate to Preston in 1984, his first ever away game. We were surrounded and threatened by Preston fans.

He hasn’t been to an away game since....!

not quite-didn't he go to a Bolton play off game?

13 minutes ago, RNaj1 said:

An interesting thread on the FGR MB, (link below), Their commercial dept. suggesting that Bolton fans will be housed with the home support, but how can they identify them if they're not wearing a Bolton top? 

smiley-zipping-mouth.png

1 hour ago, RNaj1 said:

An interesting thread on the FGR MB, (link below), Their commercial dept. suggesting that Bolton fans will be housed with the home support, but how can they identify them if they're not wearing a Bolton top? As a Shaker says in the thread, could be a recipe for trouble if they have some hotheads going down intent on a rumble with our support. A couple of ex Shakers on there as well who now support FGR after relocating there a number of years ago, one even has the username "Pitchfork" coming from our infamous away game at Reading, which he attended, where the game was abandoned due to a flooded pitch and the Reading ground staff only had one guy on the pitch complete with a pitchfork.

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=100332

They have a certain look:

ugly-man-laugh-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Haha 3

Anyway, in more important matters, how many are we taking then? I know loads who are going, including one lad flying in from Northern Ireland. 

Great form, new ground...i'm starting the bidding at 500. 

See you there!

Edit: Oh and get in the undercover section if you can (it's only a couple of pounds more) so we are crammed together, to make more noise/atmosphere. 

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/away-details-forest-green-rovers/

forest-green-rovers-away-fans-seated-sta

Edited by R11 BFC
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, R11 BFC said:

They have a certain look:

ugly-man-laugh-smiley-emoticon.gif

And dipping these in their pint !! Black puddings are a thing of beauty, a shitty pigs foot is a good representation to be fair..

IMG_20190113_130930.jpg

Edited by MrBistow

8 minutes ago, MrBistow said:

And dipping these in their pint !! Black puddings are a thing of beauty, a shitty pigs foot is a good representation to be fair..

IMG_20190113_130930.jpg

That's made me feel sick.gif!!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, R11 BFC said:

Anyway, in more important matters, how many are we taking then? I know loads who are going, including one lad flying in from Northern Ireland. 

I’m vegan, I ain’t missing this one. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, skyblueshaker said:

I’m vegan, I ain’t missing this one. 

Meat Pie Sausage Roll come on Bury score a goal

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Like Copy 1

6 hours ago, R11 BFC said:

Great form, new ground...i'm starting the bidding at 500. 

See you there!

Edit: Oh and get in the undercover section if you can (it's only a couple of pounds more) so we are crammed together, to make more noise/atmosphere. 

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/away-details-forest-green-rovers/

that cover looks as much use as a vegan meat pie

• Haha 3