Adams, Aimson, Thompson, Stokes, McFadzean

O'Shea, Danns, Mayor

Maynard, Telford

2-1 (Telford & Maynard) Att 4,157

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shaker90 said:

Has to be that team Andy,

2-1 4094

Agreed Sam. Wouldnt surprise me, if O'Connell and Moore play though.

6 minutes ago, R11 BFC said:

Murphy

O'Shea, Danns, Mayor

Maynard, Telford

Yep, agree with that team. Not so sure about us only conceding one though! Our home record against these is pretty abysmal. But, there’s never been a better time to start putting it right... 

The January "window" could throw a spanner in the works, as it has with MK who've lost one of their main men Rhys Healey, recalled by Cardiff.

Is there an offer on? 

If so perhaps we should do it for the Lincoln game as well as it is now on the TV. 

Ps surely we are due a home result against these. 😂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R11 BFC said:

Murphy

O'Shea, Danns, Mayor

Maynard, Telford

Murphy

Adams, Aimson, Thompson, O`Connell, McFadzean

O'Shea, Danns, Mayor

Maynard, Telford

O`Connell instead of Stokes for me. Think we might need his calming influence in what I expect to be a tight game.

Stokes passing goes a bit hit and miss when under pressure, well mainly miss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExiledinEdgeley said:

Murphy

O'Shea, Danns, Mayor

Maynard, Telford

O`Connell instead of Stokes for me. Think we might need his calming influence in what I expect to be a tight game.

The problem with O’Connell playing is that it disrupts the defence, with Thompson being shunted away from his best position. 

I haven’t checked, but I suspect we’ve conceded more goals per game with O’Connell playing. 

11 minutes ago, scales of justice said:

The problem with O’Connell playing is that it disrupts the defence, with Thompson being shunted away from his best position. 

I haven’t checked, but I suspect we’ve conceded more goals per game with O’Connell playing. 

I think your right in that it`s a more natural fit with Stokes, especially when Faz bombs forward he covers well. It`s just those periods of passing like at Oldham worry me, and MK are a good footballing side. It would be interesting to see some stats on the defence similar to the ones on the forwards. I`d guess Thompson would be at the top.

17 minutes ago, ExiledinEdgeley said:

I think your right in that it`s a more natural fit with Stokes, especially when Faz bombs forward he covers well. It`s just those periods of passing like at Oldham worry me, and MK are a good footballing side. It would be interesting to see some stats on the defence similar to the ones on the forwards. I`d guess Thompson would be at the top.

Spee?! :icon_wink:

2 hours ago, ExiledinEdgeley said:

Murphy

O'Shea, Danns, Mayor

Maynard, Telford

agree with all of this and esp. the bits in bold , Stokes should be replaced by O'Connell and I don't think it  would impact Thompson one jot except give him a better and more accurate partner   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tubwash said:

agree with all of this and esp. the bits in bold , Stokes should be replaced by O'Connell and I don't think it  would impact Thompson one jot except give him a better and more accurate partner   

I have Thompson and O`Connell down as our two best defenders. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tubwash said:

It does Mike, every time O’Connell plays, Thompson moves position.

36 minutes ago, ExiledinEdgeley said:

Good shout, do you have those type of stats Spee?  Cheers  👍

What sorts of stats are you after specifically? 

17 minutes ago, ExiledinEdgeley said:

I have Thompson and O`Connell down as our two best defenders. 

Same. It's not quite straightforward though, coz personally i think O'Connell is better in the middle of the 3, but that then means Thompson has to move to the right (as Scales has mentioned). In addition, i'd keep Stokes ahead of Aimson (both fairly similar/pretty solid defenders), but with him being left footed - it gives us a nice balance. Anyway, a good problem to have...i've left O'Connell out of my team coz he's not quite match fit yet! :icon_wink:

How's your back btw? 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Spee said:

What sorts of stats are you after specifically? 

Goals conceded per min and possibly chances created against. Anything which would highlight individually and as a team which is our most watertight backline.

Apologies if I`m asking for mission impossible.

20 minutes ago, R11 BFC said:

Same. It's not quite straightforward though, coz personally i think O'Connell is better in the middle of the 3, but that then means Thompson has to move to the right (as Scales has mentioned). In addition, i'd keep Stokes ahead of Aimson (both fairly similar/pretty solid defenders), but with him being left footed - it gives us a nice balance. Anyway, a good problem to have...i've left O'Connell out of my team coz he's not quite match fit yet! :icon_wink:

How's your back btw? 

Thompson was moved to the left at Mansfield, when Macfazdean was left out and Stokes played left back/ LWB.

4 minutes ago, scales of justice said:

Thompson was moved to the left at Mansfield, when Macfazdean was left out and Stokes played left back/ LWB.

I'm glad I had a Christmas Family Party now! That said, it highlights the dilemma we have, if McFadzean is not available. Who can really replace him as a left wing back?

17 minutes ago, R11 BFC said:

How's your back btw? 

Because of his left peg it`s the more natural and balanced look. But he don`t look too natural sometimes when he`s spraying the ball around with his Toblerone boot.  ;)

I`m now able to admit my back injury was caused by my New year get fit not fat regime, after 5 days my back waved a white flag and surrendered.

Doctor has now been round and said its a back spasm, and has given me a fantastic combination of cosmic drugs. So pain free and should be at Gigg Saturday with a stupid look on my face, so nowt new there.  :001_smile:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ExiledinEdgeley said:

Goals conceded per min and possibly chances created against. Anything which would highlight individually and as a team which is our most watertight backline.

Apologies if I`m asking for mission impossible.

I'll have a look for you tomorrow. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scales of justice said:

IMHO Thompson and Aimson are each tremendous individual defenders.  The problem is that they do not have that mutual understanding which is the key to every successful defensive partnership.  If you look at the videos of the goals that we have conceded, then time and time again those two are closing down the same attacker, leaving another unmarked.  They are great individually but not together.