Team for Milton Keynes & all that Malarkey
3 3

74 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Barry P said:

It was quite obvious Clark wanted him gone after he had the audacity to have a poor half against Wigan. The fact Day went along with it is testament to how stupid he was. 😂 

Day engineered it.

28 minutes ago, scales of justice said:

Day engineered it.

Fact? 

Regardless, either outcome equals Day is an idiot. 😂 

1 hour ago, Barry P said:

It was quite obvious Clark wanted him gone after he had the audacity to have a poor half against Wigan. The fact Day went along with it is testament to how stupid he was. 😂 

Oh come on - I think that`s going a bit too far!  It`s a testament to how stupid Clark was.  Day wrongly gave Clark his full support - but if you own a football club you have to support the manager you have inherited or have appointed until they prove that they are not worthy of that trust.  With the benefit of hindsight we can see what a prat Clark was, but how many people were on here slagging him off at that stage in his reign?  We were all full of excitement at the incredible squad he had assembled (I was going to say, "had put together", but together they never were!). 

What would we say if our SD Mk 2 were to start challenging RL`s decisions?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, another_terry said:

Oh come on - I think that`s going a bit too far!  It`s a testament to how stupid Clark was.  Day wrongly gave Clark his full support - but if you own a football club you have to support the manager you have inherited or have appointed until they prove that they are not worthy of that trust.  With the benefit of hindsight we can see what a prat Clark was, but how many people were on here slagging him off at that stage in his reign?  We were all full of excitement at the incredible squad he had assembled (I was going to say, "had put together", but together they never were!). 

What would we say if our SD Mk 2 were to start challenging RL`s decisions?

By late August when Clark was loaning out his brand new signing Thompson, replacing him with a rookie from Newcastle's youth, signing more players and then forcing Zeli out the club as well, in favour of a winger who'd never played a pro game before, I don't remember any excitement at that point just alot of alarm bells. I also think it was actions like this that made it clear that any chairman with half a brain should not be putting faith into such an erratic manager. 

Back your manager, leave your manager to his own devices if you want, but if you are allowing him to sign highly rated players, which Thompson was, and then wanting to then get rid after two games then Day would have been well within his right to say no. Although we do have Scales claiming it was Day who forced Thompson out. 

• Confused 1

I am curious to know what is baffling here.

Very few fans on here were 'excited' by the time our new signing and Southend's POTS was being loaned out after little more than three games at the club. 

3 minutes ago, Barry P said:

I am curious to know what is baffling here.

Very few fans on here were 'excited' by the time our new signing and Southend's POTS was being loaned out after little more than three games at the club. 

"Although we do have Scales claiming it was Day who forced Thompson out" is baffling to me.

10 minutes ago, another_terry said:

"Although we do have Scales claiming it was Day who forced Thompson out" is baffling to me.

Well he did say something to that effect. 

Too of the page. 

Edited by Barry P

10 hours ago, Barry P said:

Well he did say something to that effect. 

Too of the page. 

It wasn't Day, it was Clark. My source? Thompson himself. 

14 minutes ago, Spee said:

It wasn't Day, it was Clark. My source? Thompson himself. 

Tell that to Scales, I was merely repeating what he said. 

Be nice to think we can attract lots of "extras" today with neither of the Manchester clubs playing, in hindsight we could have done a promotion for season ticket holders of other clubs as in seasons past. MK won't bring many, just 3 or 400 max, so despite the importance of the game, I doubt we'll get much more than 4000, hope I'm wrong though.

High quality first half, two very good teams and playing well.  Hopefully create a few more opportunities in the second half and keep possession a bit more, on the break Milton Keynes look very, very dangerous

O’Shea and mayor, as usual, causing all sorts of issues for the opposition.  O’shea with his quality passing and mayor with his magic hat.

3 minutes ago, LondonWhite said:

Regardless of what happens the rest of this match, I seriously cannot remember watching a more attractive team than this one.  I’ve been watching 41 years

Have MKD been in existence that long?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LondonWhite said:

This team is absolutely quality.  That is all

Doesn't get any better. The comeback of the decade and as a little bonus Maguire sent off.

• Like 2

Questions have to be asked after that performance. Had someone hidden Ryan's mobile or was Rob Kelly just not answering his until 4.15????? #noplanb #notactics

Edited by ronky
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, R11 BFC said:

I’ll be making the trip north for what currently amounts to an annual pilgrimage to Gigg Lane to watch Bury...

Great to meet up Spee (Peter!) and what a game to come to...you'll need to do it more often now! :icon_wink:

Yes indeedy. Welcome to Gigg today Peter, and what a time to turn up?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DutchSuomiFan said:

What a game! Congrats to all of you on this win. Those of you who know me will understand why I'm happy with this result.

Thanks Piebe-Guido, it was an amazing afternoon. Lets hope we will be playing your Realdons next season in L1.

Hope Excelsior pick up for you soon too.

Edited by ExiledinEdgeley

4 hours ago, ExiledinEdgeley said:

Thanks Piebe-Guido, it was an amazing afternoon. Lets hope we will be playing your Realdons next season in L1.

Hope Excelsior pick up for you soon too.

Obviously I was hoping AFCW would beat Coventry, but I think a point is OK as well.

As for Excelsior, I'm not too confident.