Lincoln (h)
1 1

54 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BFC 1885 said:

Glad  it's still on a Saturday  . Lincoln have announced they have put on cheap coaches for the game. I expect well over 4,000  for this top of the table clash. Live  Football on TV is for the armchair brigade

Fair enough if Lincoln putting on cheap coaches - would be tough on their fans otherwise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, another_terry said:

I was looking to see if I could find any official statement about whether or not we would get an extra payment from Sky for being on TV - nothing anywhere - which ties in with what Bury Blade says.  However, I did find this on the EFL website;

As with 2017/18, the EFL and broadcast partner Sky Sports have again committed to give clubs and supporters at least five weeks’ notice ahead of any EFL League matches being selected for live television coverage.

By my reckoning we have had two weeks and two days notice.

Supporters are the least important factor in any EFL considerations!

Good find:

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/

There'll be plenty of Lincoln fans who will have booked train tickets, etc., and even exiled Bury fans. The only comfort is that at least it's the same day! I couldnt stand supporting a club whose games are changed left, right and centre. 

This is an interesting/worrying read:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46282792

Edited by R11 BFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, smancshakerisback said:

Fair enough if Lincoln putting on cheap coaches - would be tough on their fans otherwise. 

£9 on the coach! 

As for money for being on Sky, this is taken from their site:

Quote

In coming to this decision Lincoln City officials considered all aspects of moving the kick off time to allow the fixture to be televised, whilst we will receive a broadcast fee this is not a key factor in coming to the decision that has been made.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, another_terry said:

I was looking to see if I could find any official statement about whether or not we would get an extra payment from Sky for being on TV - nothing anywhere - which ties in with what Bury Blade says.  However, I did find this on the EFL website;

As with 2017/18, the EFL and broadcast partner Sky Sports have again committed to give clubs and supporters at least five weeks’ notice ahead of any EFL League matches being selected for live television coverage.

By my reckoning we have had two weeks and two days notice.

Supporters are the least important factor in any EFL considerations!

To be fair, Sky are tweeting that ‘both clubs have agreed’ to playing the game at the new time, which reads to me that they’ve asked them both despite the short notice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Spee said:

£9 on the coach! 

As for money for being on Sky, this is taken from their site:

 

that sounds as if either 1) the equal payment to all EFL teams whoever they televise isn't correct or 2) due to short notice they have made a financial offer to the 2 clubs. Am happy for Bury if its money above and beyond any agreement or gate receipts that could have been expected. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, seasideshaker said:

To be fair, Sky are tweeting that ‘both clubs have agreed’ to playing the game at the new time, which reads to me that they’ve asked them both despite the short notice. 

Which is fair enough, apart from the fact supporters havent been asked, not easy to do, i know, and not really practicable.  

As with 2017/18, the EFL and broadcast partner Sky Sports have again committed to give clubs and supporters at least five weeks’ notice ahead of any EFL League matches being selected for live television coverage.

No problem for me, but see my post above. There again, if the clubs do get some additional money (if?!) then you can understand why they would go for it. Money talks. 

Edit: Actually, fair play to Lincoln here, they've turned it into be a good news story - excellent communication/offer to their fans (something for BFC to learn from).

Especially this:

Whilst tickets are not yet on sale for the trip to Gigg Lane, we are aware that some supporters may have already made a financial outlay relating to travel around the originally scheduled kick-off time. In respect of this and the short notice given regarding the fixture change, the club have made the decision to reimburse supporters for any non-refundable travel costs that they may have already been incurred.

https://www.redimps.co.uk/news/2019/january/190109-burygametv/

Edited by R11 BFC
  • Like 1
  • Like Copy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem with that--it could be  a long session in The Trackside though.

Bad news if you've booked return train tickets though on specific trains, especailly the return journey.

Last train back to Lincoln from Mancs Picc 19.49,  so realistically not an option (also 2 changes and 3 hrs 41 mins).

Potentially good news for local hoteliers!

Edited by Maddentapin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess here is that sky were hedging their bets pending the result of the third round fa cup ties . They MAY have suggested to the clubs it was a possibility a few weeks ago but only firmed up on it when it was known both teams were out of the cup ( and after taking account of other available league games that weekend once other fa cup 3rd round games were finalised ) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, R11 BFC said:

Actually, fair play to Lincoln here, they've turned it into be a good news story - excellent communication/offer to their fans (something for BFC to learn from).

Especially this:

Whilst tickets are not yet on sale for the trip to Gigg Lane, we are aware that some supporters may have already made a financial outlay relating to travel around the originally scheduled kick-off time. In respect of this and the short notice given regarding the fixture change, the club have made the decision to reimburse supporters for any non-refundable travel costs that they may have already been incurred.

https://www.redimps.co.uk/news/2019/january/190109-burygametv/

Credit where it's due, Andy. Good move by Lincoln to reimburse their fans for any non-refundable travel costs. As you say, something Bury FC (and other clubs too) could learn from.

Let's hope we can perform to our potential during the televised game. Traditionally our game seems to suffer for no apparent reason (surely we're not camera shy?)

Good opportunity to publicise a book launch though eh James? 

  • Like 2
  • Like Copy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, smancshakerisback said:

That, or it will be the first dull 0-0 of the season

Which, depending on results in the next 2 games, may well be an excellent result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BFC 1885 said:

Glad  it's still on a Saturday  . Lincoln have announced they have put on cheap coaches for the game. I expect well over 4,000  for this top of the table clash. Live  Football on TV is for the armchair brigade

Yep saves me the train fare so TV for me

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, R11 BFC said:

Good find:

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/

There'll be plenty of Lincoln fans who will have booked train tickets, etc., and even exiled Bury fans. The only comfort is that at least it's the same day! I couldnt stand supporting a club whose games are changed left, right and centre. 

This is an interesting/worrying read:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46282792

Great to see that we've been chosen for TV - awful for the (admittedly few) fans that will have booked advanced train tickets - Lincoln and long-distance Bury fans. Two week's notice is ridiculous and Sky should compensate those fans who can prove they are financially disadvantaged - eg if they have to change their train ticket Sky should compensate the difference - in this case to Lincoln who appear to be compensating their own fans as alluded to. 

Edited by Kacc
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BBC football website has announced that they will be showing Millwall v Everton at 5.30pm on BBC1 Saturday 26 January so I've no doubt this may affect both our attendance as well as Sky's viewing figures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, shakerste said:

Suppose Sky need a look at us before the EFL Trophy final .....

Or more likely the play offs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, smancshakerisback said:

I know it’s a while off but get those pitch covers ready. Colder weather on the way. Can’t afford to have this one cancelled.

Don't Sky provide clubs like ours ( no undersoil heating) with some sort of pitch protection? Or am I mistaken? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RNaj1 said:

According to the article below, Lincoln have sold out their initial allocation of 500 and have been given a further allocation. Given their level of support, I would have thought 500 was way too low.

https://www.redimps.co.uk/news/2019/january/180115-bury-tickets/

Be good if they brought 1000+ and we managed 4500+ home fans.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kentshaker said:

Don't Sky provide clubs like ours ( no undersoil heating) with some sort of pitch protection? Or am I mistaken? 

BT/BBC did this for FA cup games - likely due to the reduced viewing figures a rearranged midweek game would bring as opposed to a weekend fixture. 

Tbh can't really see Sky going to the same level to ensure the game gets on, hopefully our frost covers will do the job on their own. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RNaj1 said:

According to the article below, Lincoln have sold out their initial allocation of 500 and have been given a further allocation. Given their level of support, I would have thought 500 was way too low.

https://www.redimps.co.uk/news/2019/january/180115-bury-tickets/

500 was always going to be too little but possibly made some make an early purchase.

Interesting that it appears the only option on buying tickets beforehand for them seems to be through eventbrite rather than at their ticket office

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1