Ref Watch - Peter Bankes (MK Dons)

11 posts in this topic

Games 23

101 yellows 

3 reds

Been plying his trade mainly in the championship Bankes is well known to Shakers fans. His last game in charge was the  2-0 away defeat to Rochdale  in 2016/17( 8 yellows 2 reds ) where he sent off Mellis and Bryan.

His last game in charge of MK Dons was in the same season in their 1-1 draw at Bolton (7 yellows).

He was in charge of the Brentford v Forest game this season where he produced 12 yellows.

Let’s hope his distribution of cards doesn’t spoil the game 

• Thanks 1

Hmmm... He doesn't fill me with confidence. No complaints over the red cards for Bryan or Melis that day... but I remember being very disappointed (angry, to be honest) that he either ignored or seemed blissfully unaware of the rough house tactics used against James Vaughan. At one point, their Centre Half put his arms round him from behind and lifted him a clear foot off the ground.... nothing!

Our disciplinary record has improved significantly since Futcher left. Let's hope Bankes gives us a fairer crack of the whip at the weekend!

• Like 1

I'm sure we all recall that game at Rochdale well. Out was one of the few occasions we were "up for it" in a derby game in more recent times and look what happened. I wonder whether if he been in charge of our match at Oldham this season whether he would have nipped their roughhousing in the bud unlike England who only clamped down when it was too late.  He should have an easy game tomorrow with both sides being committed to playing football. 

On 10/01/2019 at 13:18, Original Dave Nugent said:

Hmmm... He doesn't fill me with confidence. No complaints over the red cards for Bryan or Melis that day... but I remember being very disappointed (angry, to be honest) that he either ignored or seemed blissfully unaware of the rough house tactics used against James Vaughan. At one point, their Centre Half put his arms round him from behind and lifted him a clear foot off the ground.... nothing!

Our disciplinary record has improved significantly since Futcher left. Let's hope Bankes gives us a fairer crack of the whip at the weekend!

We also had a fair shout for a penalty waved away along with the constant pulling, shoving and pushing of Vaughan. He then gave a penalty to Dale for what was a blatant dive. 

23 minutes ago, Barry P said:

We also had a fair shout for a penalty waved away along with the constant pulling, shoving and pushing of Vaughan. He then gave a penalty to Dale for what was a blatant dive. 

The most one-sides refereeing performance I’ve ever seen. He was Dale’s twelfth man that day. 

Me on 90 minutes. What he is doing adding only 3 minutes !!??

Me shortly after. Blow your whistle man !!!

Edited by shakerste
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, shakerste said:

Me on 90 minutes. What he is doing adding only 3 minutes !!??

Me shortly after. Blow your whistle man !!!

Same! :icon_smile:

• Like 1

Another really really poor official again today. He just seemed to lose all control of the game. Literally if you fell over today you got a free kick (or a penalty😁).

MK Dons were diving a lot especially the number 11 who was constantly throwing himself to the floor but the referee was falling for it every time.

2/10 performance for me which is just for turning up.

• Like 2