DIANNE OXBERRY
1 1

15 posts in this topic

Yes I'm really saddened, didn't even know she was unwell. Such a shock at such a young age. She didn't always forecast it but she brought a ray of sunshine into our homes. 

• Like 1

Sad and shocking news. A mainstay in northwest homes for decades. The programme will never be the same again.

A swift and sudden illness by all accounts. All those things you say you’ll do “some day” - do them now. Life is short and tomorrow isn’t promised to any of us. 

• Like 1

absolutely stunned when I read about her death this morning. She always came across as being a very likeable person.

RIP Dianne

33 minutes ago, scales of justice said:

Terrible news. She was so good at her job you felt like you knew her.

RIP

Exactly my thoughts. 

Becoming a part of many people’s living rooms each evening, she was brilliant professionally and always came across as very likeable personally.

15 hours ago, scales of justice said:

Terrible news. She was so good at her job you felt like you knew her.

RIP

A really good summing up for me as well.  I've never watched a great deal of TV but have always made a point of tuning into our local nightly BBC news programme for many years; Dianne was an excellent presenter and not just within her field of expertise.  She had 'the common touch' - something quite rare in broadcasting I think.  I feel so sorry for her husband and children.  What an awful shock.