Chesterfield.
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Ban a "supporter" for 10 years and 2 others for 3 years amid ongoing police investigations into an attack and alleged racist abuse on Ebbsfleet goalkeeper Nathan Ashmore. I heard him yesterday on Talksport's Jim White program, (Tag line "You're all right, it's Jim Wright" [ How many Advertising Guru's did it take to come up with that one]), and while Ashmore came across as truly dignified after years of racial abuse, the response from studio pundits and "callers" alike just seemed like so much "hand wringing" to me. I've no idea what the answer is, is there even one?, as racial abuse has been going on as long as I can remember and continues unabated right up to the present day, both here and abroad. Of course Chesterfield have a history of this kind of thing with the attack on Cameron Belford at "that game" all those years ago, can't remember how long the assailant was banned for, but 3 years sticks in my mind for some reason, be ironic if he was involved in the latest incident.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46785646

I may be wrong but I thought Belford's assailant got off Scot free as it were. 

As regards racism, you could write a book. It's probably getting better but with still a long way to go, will it ever be totally eradicated so long as some fans and even players use it as a means to get under an opponent's skin? 

• Like 1