Jay O'Shea

34 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, scales of justice said:

Yes, great news

I doubted him at the start of the season, but he’s proved me, and many others wrong

I firmly believe that Ryan Lowe is mainly responsible for that and also Danny Mayor's turnaround.

• Like 3
  • Like Copy 1

Possibly the best player in the division.  Wrongly labelled as one of the wasters from last season by some people.  It was  always abundantly clear that he was never one of those and it's great news that he's extended his deal.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Like Copy 1

Bit disappointing to hear the club are only just talking to Danny Mayor about his contract. Or was it their way of saying they’d given up on keeping him? 

Edited by skyblueshaker
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, giggabyte said:

Not sure that they are "only just" talking? 

That’s how I remember it but it’s been filmed, hopefully I’ll be proven wrong. 

1 hour ago, scales of justice said:

Yes, great news

I doubted him at the start of the season, but he’s proved me, and many others wrong

I doubted him as well, well done Jay and well done Ryan.

42 minutes ago, skyblueshaker said:

Bit disappointing to hear the club are only just talking to Danny Mayor about his contract. Or was it their way of saying they’d given up on keeping him? 

I suspect, reading between the lines, he will go to whoever offers him the best deal at this stage in his life and career but him and his agents have yet to hear a definitive best deal hence the reason why Mayor is free to wait until the summer for this. If another club want him now, the likelyhood is they'll still be keen in the summer.

Still up in the air I reckon as the new owners won't splash out a massive wage on just one player. 

1 hour ago, s4e said:

Possibly the best player in the division.  Wrongly labelled as one of the wasters from last season by some people.  It was  always abundantly clear that he was never one of those and it's great news that he's extended his deal.

Has SOJ held his hands up on this yet?! 😂

Playing wise - fantastic news. Class act and I look forward to watching him. And in fairness well done to Lowe for getting him back to his pre Clark level.

pragmastist in me says 1 month ago we were in despair and losing 50k a week. What's happened to manage that and restructure the business and were does handing out an extension to a well paid player fit in? 

3 hours ago, scales of justice said:

Yes, great news

1 hour ago, Shaker Norra said:

Has SOJ held his hands up on this yet?! 😂

😇

12 hours ago, Jon said:

I suspect, reading between the lines, he will go to whoever offers him the best deal at this stage in his life and career but him and his agents have yet to hear a definitive best deal hence the reason why Mayor is free to wait until the summer for this. If another club want him now, the likelyhood is they'll still be keen in the summer.

Still up in the air I reckon as the new owners won't splash out a massive wage on just one player. 

Perhaps DM is waiting to see which division we will be in next year?

I think DM has regained his mojo ( thank heavens ) and I think his natural playing level is at best L1.

He seems a lot happier at Gigg now and I feel a 3 year deal would nail him down.

The Burton manager said his L1 players were on a £ 2500 weekly wage.

That figure is lower than some have speculated our 'stars ' are/were on !

£ 120,000 a year is good wedge !

13 hours ago, s4e said:

But can you dig out a post from last season saying that you supported him then?:book2:

48 minutes ago, postcorvus said:

But can you dig out a post from last season saying that you supported him then?:book2:

Maybe but got a match to go to this aft instead.  I know I didn't criticise him, he did okay when Lowe took over for the second time and got a mini bounce going.  

13 hours ago, St1 said:

Playing wise - fantastic news. Class act and I look forward to watching him. And in fairness well done to Lowe for getting him back to his pre Clark level.

pragmastist in me says 1 month ago we were in despair and losing 50k a week. What's happened to manage that and restructure the business and were does handing out an extension to a well paid player fit in? 

I think there will be teams willing to pay a fee for him at the end of the season , there may be a clause in the contract allowing him to leave for a set amount if a higher division club comes for him. 

2 hours ago, s4e said:

Maybe but got a match to go to this aft instead.  I know I didn't criticise him, he did okay when Lowe took over for the second time and got a mini bounce going.  

I think many of us grouped together a large percentage of last season's players and felt they were a bunch of non triers. Unfortunately at least a couple of them did not deserve our extreme criticism.

19 hours ago, skyblueshaker said:

Where did you hear that from or is it another insider that you can’t divulge 

5 minutes ago, LondonWhite said:

O’Shea was simply outstanding today in midfield.

What character to pick himself up  and take the second penalty.

• Like 1
  • Like Copy 1