Jay O'Shea

34 posts in this topic

Their keeper always stood a chance if he went the right way.

The miss / save was what turned out to be a tiny blot on an excellent display form the number 26.

A class player.

7 minutes ago, LondonWhite said:

O’Shea was simply outstanding today in midfield.

He was brilliant. One of his best games for us, if not the best. And yes, he has the character that this team and club needs. Missed a penalty and then steps up to absolutely rip the net open with a second. 

• Like 3
  • Like Copy 1

5 minutes ago, Jon said:

He was brilliant. One of his best games for us, if not the best. And yes, he has the character that this team and club needs. Missed a penalty and then steps up to absolutely rip the net open with a second. 

Agreed and there is character and a great spirit throughout.

The spirit was evident throughout the game again today whether we scored or conceded, in the celebrations at the final whistle and in the pre match build up when O’Connell was training with the four starting defenders.

Ryan Lowe has to take the credit for that. Simple.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JoS was the absolute epitome of a central midfielder today in the formation we play. Left, right, deep, forward, he absolutely relishes the responsibility he's been given.  it's just a real pleasure watching a football brim with confidence and play well

3 hours ago, jd_bury881 said:

Where did you hear that from or is it another insider that you can’t divulge 

From McCarthy at yesterday’s forum. Good enough source for you? 

Edited by skyblueshaker
  • Like 1
  • Like Copy 1

4 hours ago, Jon said:

Superb footballer. I remember a few years ago when we lost at Chesterfield I think it was 4 or 5-0 (Danny Mayor was sent off) he was ace - I always hoped we'd sign him.. I'm pleased we did!!