What a liability Stokes is....
2 2

97 posts in this topic

Stokes felt that he did not have the support of McFadzean in some of the challenges judging by his reaction - shouting at him. That might be true because McFadzean is a mixed bag who has been improving.

I think it was a poor backpass but the goal was a very clinical corner - you can't blame him for the 1st goal. He didn't have a good game and certainly he will need to fight for his place after that performance but it happens to all players. It certainly happened to McFazdzean earlier in the season.

Edited by shakercoola
  • Like 2
  • Like Copy 1

7 minutes ago, shakercoola said:

Stokes felt that he did not have the support of McFadzean in some of the challenges judging by his reaction - shouting at him. That might be true because McFadzean is a mixed bag who has been improving.

I think it was a poor backpass but the goal was a very clinical corner - you can't blame him for the 1st goal. He didn't have a good game and certainly he will need to fight for his place after that performance but it happens to all players. It certainly happened to McFazdzean earlier in the season.

I agree. Conceding a corner is not (perhaps should not|) conceding a goal. Whilst I don't know why he did not kick it for the OG, he did have to do something because it was a goal if he left it. The style and formation we play will highlight any defensive errors.  The bigger issue is conceding from corners - they had another free header in the first. This needs sorting.

Edited by morex
  • Like 2

To those saying they are ‘not good enough’, who are we suddenly going to magic up to replace Stokes and Aimson and the balance they help bring to the team at this stage of the season and frankly why should we replace them when they have played a hell of a lot in a side that has just gone second in the league ?

One (Stokes) had a bad game, far far, from the worst I have seen a Shaker have at Gigg and the other I actually thought did ok today.

Edited by shakerste
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just seen the own goal. He had no option but to make the header, he had a player coming in with him and another player right behind him unmarked who would have put it in anyway. He tried to direct it wide but it went inside the post. Had he succeeded in putting it clear he would have been hailed a hero for a fantastic clearance. Watch it on Quest tonight and you will agree. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He will know he did not have a good game but the spirit shown shows at last we have a team that will fight together. Win and lose as a TEAM. No need to pick on certain players get behind them.

Edited by coolcat
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, scales of justice said:

What...Aimson had a good game today.

He did have a good game.  Frankly, if you think otherwise you don’t know what you are talking about.  Simpson has been good/solid for a few weeks now

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tommy said:

The BBC text also said Adams scored from very close range. Who the hell writes this stuff.

Must have been one of them who left early .....

7 minutes ago, astleywhite said:

Just seen the own goal. He had no option but to make the header, he had a player coming in with him and another player right behind him unmarked who would have put it in anyway. He tried to direct it wide but it went inside the post. Had he succeeded in putting it clear he would have been hailed a hero for a fantastic clearance. Watch it on Quest tonight and you will agree. 

Absolutely right and exactly what I thought at the time.  He had to do something and was just unlucky.  I do think it's a position that could be strengthened in all honesty but if we're sticking with Stokes that's fine. 

• Like 4

As Lowey said in his interview, ‘the goals were avoidable, but he doesn’t cast blame on anyone’. If only the same could be said by some on here. Win as a team, lose as a team. Focus on the positive, let the manager sort out the avoidable. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, seasideshaker said:

As Lowey said in his interview, ‘the goals were avoidable, but he doesn’t cast blame on anyone’. If only the same could be said by some on here. Win as a team, lose as a team. Focus on the positive, let the manager sort out the avoidable. 

Totally agree.  I find it unbelievable that after such an incredible game, some people simply want to slag certain players off - and especially when they`re slagging off someone who had a good game.  Have they actually been at the game, or is it BarrowBoy from Rochdale in a new guise?

• Like 4

We all know our frailties at the back... so if WE know...so does Lowe...for F..  sake they're kids!! Time will tell if they evolve....Lowe is attempting to build a team that understandably is way off the finished article...but "What a team!! Please  enjoy the moment u miserable pundits!!

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, LondonWhite said:

He did have a good game.  Frankly, if you think otherwise you don’t know what you are talking about.  Simpson has been good/solid for a few weeks now

Whoops, auto correct.  Aimson!  

• Haha 1

Stokes didn't play well today but we should remember that he isn't suited to playing as part of a back three.

Isn't a little petty to focus on one indifferent performance when we've just seen a truly great game?.  

• Like 9
  • Like Copy 1

1 hour ago, postcorvus said:

Talksport had it down as a local derby.

Jumping the gun, the franchise are not moving North until Noblot are shut down!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Felt for him when he went off. If it could go wrong, it did today. He has his faults, and he is playing out of position, but I've never seen him give less than 100%. 

I think he's a reasonably solid defender at this level. Hope he has a beer tonight and forgets about it.

• Like 8
  • Like Copy 1

2 hours ago, RADCLIFFE LOYAL said:

Stokes didn't play well today but we should remember that he isn't suited to playing as part of a back three.

Isn't a little petty to focus on one indifferent performance when we've just seen a truly great game?.  

and that's a great example of generosity right there!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shakerste said:

To those saying they are ‘not good enough’, who are we suddenly going to magic up to replace Stokes and Aimson and the balance they help bring to the team at this stage of the season and frankly why should we replace them when they have played a hell of a lot in a side that has just gone second in the league ?

One (Stokes) had a bad game, far far, from the worst I have seen a Shaker have at Gigg and the other I actually thought did ok today.

Stokes has had plenty of bad games, not just one. 

3 minutes ago, Tubwash said:

and that's a great example of generosity right there!

If Lowey hadn't had subbed him and turned it around we may well have conceded more....it was tactical genius to haul him off.....positivity from me 😂😂