Bury FC Message Board
Warbster

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING

Just watched that on iFollow. The best half of football I have ever seen by a million million miles. We were so painfully unlucky to be 3-1 down to begin with, but they tried so so unbelievably hard and played so so unbelievably well. I am absolutely over the moon. My French flatmate who hates football must wonder what on earth has just happened - while she sat quietly on the sofa, I ran around the flat screaming and crying when the fourth went in. I can only imagine the scenes at Gigg. I've been sat with tears of happiness in my eyes since. It's been a really, really hard 18 months to be a Shaker, on both a collective and personal level, but after the positives from the forum last night and that absolutely magical second half, it feels like, at last, we've got our club back again and that really does mean the world. Let's enjoy this result and let's enjoy still having this amazing club to support. Bury til I die

Edited by Warbster
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 5
  • Like Copy 7

4 minutes ago, Warbster said:

Just watched that on iFollow. The best half of football I have ever seen by a million million miles. We were so painfully unlucky to be 3-1 down to begin with, but they tried so so unbelievably hard and played so so unbelievably well. I am absolutely over the moon. My French flatmate who hates football must wonder what on earth has just happened - while she sat quietly on the sofa, I ran around the flat screaming and crying when the fourth went in. I can only imagine the scenes at Gigg. I've been sat with tears of happiness in my eyes since. It's been a really, really hard 18 months to be a Shaker, on both a collective and personal level, but after the positives from the forum last night and that absolutely magical second half, it feels like, at last, we've got our club back again and that really does mean the world. Let's enjoy this result and let's enjoy still having this amazing club to support. Come on you Shakers

Probably the best thread, I have seen/read on this board!!! thanks Warbster!!!

Edited by singaporeshaker
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Warbster said:

Just watched that on iFollow. The best half of football I have ever seen by a million million miles. We were so painfully unlucky to be 3-1 down to begin with, but they tried so so unbelievably hard and played so so unbelievably well. I am absolutely over the moon. My French flatmate who hates football must wonder what on earth has just happened - while she sat quietly on the sofa, I ran around the flat screaming and crying when the fourth went in. I can only imagine the scenes at Gigg. I've been sat with tears of happiness in my eyes since. It's been a really, really hard 18 months to be a Shaker, on both a collective and personal level, but after the positives from the forum last night and that absolutely magical second half, it feels like, at last, we've got our club back again and that really does mean the world. Let's enjoy this result and let's enjoy still having this amazing club to support. Bury til I die

Can't wait to see the highlights. The Alamo was a minor skirmish compared to this.

Listening to ifollow in the shop praying  no one was gonna come in. 0-1  missed pen still 0-1 - O'shea pen again 1-1. They bloody score again 1-2. shit! We close at 4pm - driving home - Adrian Durham announces 1-3 Even more shit! Ah well! Switch BBC on at home 2-3 come on we can get a draw out of this. 3 bloody 3!!!!! St Danny Mayor -  injury time with ifollow and beeb on 4 bloody 3!!!!!!!!!!!!! In bloody credible! I love this club!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Like Copy 1

Unbelievable scenes all over the stadium, particularly in front of where I sit in the main stand. I found it difficult to stop myself from crying! I have pains in my chest so if I don't post again remember that I died incredibly happy.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 10
  • Like Copy 3

That's the loudest I've heard the crowd for a long long time. 

O'Shea should miss a penalty every game if that is how he performs afterwards.

We MUST start to defend against set plays. 

Thompson is fantastic.

Moore terrifies defenders in a different way to the way Mayor, Adams, and O'Shea terrify them.

Second consecutive game we have come from two down to win. This is a special team.

Lowe's changes were game changing.

I'm getting carried away and I don't care.

UTS.

Edited by morex
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Like Copy 1

Incredible.

I have very rarely seen a celebration like that at Gigg when that fourth went in and I made sure I made the most of the celebration and at the final whistle too.

An amazing, truly memorable moment RIGHT, RIGHT up there with the best I have ever seen supporting this fantastic football club.

Edited by shakerste
  • Like 10

Been a long time since I’ve experienced scenes like that at Gigg. Lowe’s changes transformed the game and this side never stops coming at you. Wonderful spirit.

Edited by D-L-T
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Like Copy 2

I have to put a word in for O'Connell. His passing was fantastic. I don't remember him making an error (other than 2/3 fouls in dangerous areas ;) ). He made a big difference when he came on. Another Lowe masterclass in game plan and subs.

• Like 3
  • Like Copy 1

Probably the best come back and probably one of the best games I've seen at Gigg in my 40 years of watching us, when that 4th goal went in the ground just erupted the scenes in the stands and on the pitch were incredible, the character this side have is just fantastic credit to Lowey and the lads feel on cloud 9 tonight might even come off the wagon bollox to dry January UTS!

• Like 5
  • Haha 7
  • Like Copy 1

7 minutes ago, morex said:

I'm getting carried away and I don't care.

I was almost carried away when that fourth goal went in !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fantastic game...just fantastic. Both teams at the top of their games, going at it full bore for 93 minutes. Bury just never EVER gave up, through a missed penalty, an own goal, falling behind to a good team, always worried by the threat MK posed.

Turning point for me was Telfords goal. A real strikers effort.

I can't remember when Bury have had two such skilfull  players as Mayor and O'Shea in the squad. Lord help us if one of them is out for any length of time (praying emoji)

...and 9(NINE) goals in one week!!!! When did that last happen?

• Like 2
  • Like Copy 1

Our fans were absolutely superb and I've no doubt we were the 12th man today.  As for our guys, I can't thanks them enough for their grit and determination on the pitch.  What a game :2thumbsup:

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, nick01 said:

The greatest game I've ever seen in the 53 years I've been coming to Gigg. Simple as.

I think it may well have been in my 30 years. 

• Like 5

just fantastic and the spirit on the pitch and in the stands was electric. This was even better than the superb comeback at Stanley. UTS .

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, D-L-T said:

Decent results around us too.

Very true, Mansfield in particular. Means we are now 4 points clear of them, although they do have those two games in hand. If we could get 4 points out of the next two that would be a remarkable return from a very tough run of fixtures. Lincoln are in a derby match against Grimsby next week so who knows it may be set up perfectly for Sky Sports for their coverage of the game in two weeks time.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, nick01 said:

The greatest game I've ever seen in the 53 years I've been coming to Gigg. Simple as.

8 minutes ago, Jon said:

I think it may well have been in my 30 years. 

Possibly my best in 23 ....

• Like 2