ABSOLUTELY AMAZING
3 3

116 posts in this topic

What a game,   certainly up there with one of the best comebacks I’ve seen in nearly 60 years.

At 3-1 we looked dead and buried for 10 minutes, then  Telfords goal  revived us. 

Mayor and O’Shea were outstanding today, Stokes had one of those days and Maynard had been quiet until the 90th minute... did he touch it or not.?  Who cares?

I thought their support, both in terms of numbers and noise was shocking.

We’re checking out the pubs for Forest Green next week...🍺

• Like 3
  • Like Copy 1

14 minutes ago, david.healymbe said:

Very true, Mansfield in particular.

Best bit of football news during the week was Mansfield signing a second goalkeeper in the space of a few weeks, the first one having been discarded without playing a game.  We've got every chance of finishing above them now that DF is back to usual ways. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

There might have been better games at Gigg Lane over the years, better quality football and exciting needle matches, but in all the years I've been watching Bury I've never seen a more exciting finish as that. As one lad said coming out of the ground, "Is it better to win 4-0 or to come back from 3-1 down and win". The answer has to be the latter, but the manner in which we won - against a very good League Two team this season, this is especially joyous. MK Dons were very dangerous on the break and in the final third and I would not have been surprised if it finished 4-4. I think the fact that they had such good resolve an didn't cave in to us, makes this victory all the more gratifying. We had a job to do at 3-1. We showed the grit and determination to come back. I'll be honest in saying I thought we would get a goal and clinch a draw - and that is a great feeling watching your team. The fact that we won it is just a great feeling. As they said on BBC Radio Manchester - if Bury fans can't get excited about that, then waht can you get excited about. This is a superb bunch of footballers playing well, and we are among the top 3 highest scoring sides in the country. BE PROUD WHILE IT LASTS!

We're called the Shakers. And this afternoon we really did "shake" the other team to their core.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Like Copy 1

2 minutes ago, scales of justice said:

At 3-1 we looked dead and buried for 10 minutes, then  Telfords goal  revived us.

Absolutely right, about a minute before Telford's goal I sent a text to my Mrs saying trying hard but can't see us scoring again!  The game looked over but a stunning comeback and yes, up there with the best. 

6 minutes ago, s4e said:

Best bit of football news during the week was Mansfield signing a second goalkeeper in the space of a few weeks, the first one having been discarded without playing a game.  We've got every chance of finishing above them now that DF is back to usual ways. 

Excellent news, back on the goalkeeper roulette!  

• Haha 1

Telford's goal was a massive moment. At 3-2 everybody seemed to believe we could get a draw. A draw!!!!! 

Another massive moment not seen metioned here yet. Adams hits a wonderful cross in to Maynard to head in the winner and then 2 minutes later clears their chance off the line with his knees!

• Like 3

"I thought their support, both in terms of numbers and noise was shocking."

When you are a recently created franchise that isn`t surprising.

Actually, coming out of the main stand we bumped into Nicky Adams who was going up to be interviewed - and he was so chuffed he could barely get any words out through the enormous grin on his face.

What a game!  The comeback kids!

Edited by another_terry
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jon said:

Telford's goal was a massive moment. At 3-2 everybody seemed to believe we could get a draw. A draw!!!!! 

Another massive moment not seen metioned here yet. Adams hits a wonderful cross in to Maynard to head in the winner and then 2 minutes later clears their chance off the line with his knees!

Indeed, good move resting him in midweek, his little legs are not getting any younger.  He was up and down the pitch all match

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jon said:

Yes, good on Nicky.

His joy at full time was my favourite reaction.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, unsworth-white said:

Dom Telford deserves a shout. Unlucky with a couple of efforts but showed great presence to break away for his goal. For me that was the turning point.

A great signing this lad has been.

It was a brilliant game! With a result to match.

Seven goals and a massive comeback. The Main Stand was buzzing.

My mate predicted at half time that we'd win it. His nickname is now Mystic Meg!

As a footballing spectacle, it was a treat.

This is what I recorded. Well played Ryan and the team.

Credit to MK too, they were pretty good.

UTS!

Andy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This win reminded me of the Shrewsbury game a few years back (Joe Riley!), where everyone came out of the ground absolutely buzzing, believing we can do it after winning such a massive game! Momentum is an incredibly hard thing for opposition to stop, and we’ve got it! Well done to Lowey, the players and the fans on a truly memorable game

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, unsworth-white said:

Dom Telford deserves a shout. Unlucky with a couple of efforts but showed great presence to break away for his goal. For me that was the turning point.

Totally agree.  I think it also shows RL in a great light.  To be honest I wouldn`t have been surprised if Dom had been subbed earlier on - he hadn`t had a great impact, but no - leave him on and like any true striker he comes up with the key goal.

12 minutes ago, another_terry said:

Totally agree.  I think it also shows RL in a great light.  To be honest I wouldn`t have been surprised if Dom had been subbed earlier on - he hadn`t had a great impact, but no - leave him on and like any true striker he comes up with the key goal.

Indeed, he made and scored the goal entirely by himself, great pace to get past the defender and a quality finish

• Like 1

fantastic comeback against a team who will be up there at the end of the season. Pathetic turnout from them .Nice to beat the plastic franchise for the first time at Gigg.

• Like 4
  • Like Copy 1

1 hour ago, still running man said:

I have to put a word in for O'Connell. His passing was fantastic. I don't remember him making an error (other than 2/3 fouls in dangerous areas ;) ). He made a big difference when he came on. Another Lowe masterclass in game plan and subs.

Have to agree, the ball he put through for Maynard about 5 minutes from the end was as good as any you will see this season ( well,, except for the O’shea Scoop pass against Stevenage)

• Like Copy 2

Absolutely stunning comeback, and most of the ground were up on their feet jumping up and down when the 4th went in, apart from the Cemy End of course. MK were a good side who gave us trouble throughout the game, which makes it doubly sweet, I said to my son when we equalized for 3-3, that I would have bitten your hand off for a point at HT, little did I know.....😁 Thought Telford fully deserved his MOM, had to agree with my son, though, we didn't shoot nearly enough when we had the opportunity, edit: can't believe the BBC stats that we had 27 shots, but I mean we were over elaborating passing it around in the penalty area when we should have had a pop . Can't wait for the next two games, could be the best January ever, certainly in my memory. Also well done to the youth team, through to the final, if I heard correctly over the din.

Edited by RNaj1
  • Like 3

Just about getting my breath back. I really thought it was going to be "one of those days" after conceding early, missing a penalty and then equalising only to be pegged back again. And then an own goal too...

What a turnaround though. The pace Telford showed for his goal was unreal. Byron Moore too made a real impact. For me though, Jay O'Shea was MoM in a game where there were a number of contenders.

Could have been quite different. At 1-3 they had a couple of threatening attacks which we saw out....

Atmosphere was incredible today and it was great to see us move into second place.

• Like 2

I was watching Sky Sports Gillette Soccer Special when Jeff Stelling announced the winning goal and went straight over to John Gwynne at Gigg Lane.  John is normally quite excitable in his reporting, but this time he was mega excited as he shouted out the description of the goal over the incredible noise of the crowd and declared that “The Bury Fans have gone daft”!!   

Was that a good description of how it was?

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, seasideshaker said:

Brilliant scenes, and commentary! 

Oh...that is so ace! The subs coming over as well, with the fans. What a game, what a comeback - words almost fail to do it justice. 

UP YOU MIGHTY SHAKERS!!!

• Like 3
  • Like Copy 1

2 minutes ago, POD said:

I was watching Sky Sports Gillette Soccer Special when Jeff Stelling announced the winning goal and went straight over to John Gwynne at Gigg Lane.  John is normally quite excitable in his reporting, but this time he was mega excited as he shouted out the description of the goal over the incredible noise of the crowd and declared that “The Bury Fans have gone daft”!!   

Yep! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, POD said:

Here's sky sports after the 4th..👍👍

Check out @JWalker56131’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/JWalker56131/status/1084150425220251649?s=01

'Unbelievable Jeff' 😆😆👍

Edited by MrBistow
  • Thanks 1