Scholes down at Gigg
1 1

132 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, giggabyte said:

I see even our own Club's Twitter is referring to Oldham Athletic as "Paul Scholes' Oldham" now! 

In the Sunday Times there was a small section on Saturday's L2 matches, it mentioned 3 - Lincoln's, Mansfield's, and - Oldham's! No mention of our win at Exeter, Oldham more important just because they are managed by Paul Scholes. I do hope we stuff them. 

Crewe weren’t fazed by Oldham on Saturday.  We shouldn’t be either. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skyblueshaker said:

Crewe weren’t fazed by Oldham on Saturday.  We shouldn’t be either. 

Renowned Liverpool fan Ryan Lowe will want to get one over a key member of the squad who rubbed his team's nose in it over the years too.

• Like 1

So, it’s not too far off. We have so far sold just under 2400 so should be on for a very good crowd, dare I even say 4500 of your own? Bitterly disappointing result for ourselves on Saturday, sadly it was probably all we deserved, never really got out of 2nd gear and didn’t end up creating enough to win the game. That said, if we can win tomorrow night, it leaves us just 3 points behind the top 7 going into this belter of a game. Your unbelievable run continued I see with nothing short of a tremendous away win! You really have to fancy your chances now!

I fear for us on Saturday. That said, I said the same in the build up to the reverse fixture. Your midfield is easily the best in the football league, it just depends whether our midfield can make it hard for you come Saturday afternoon! Scholes’ first away game in charge should see us play the football he wants to, quick on the break and plenty of hard work and endeavour.

Anyway, all the best for the rest of the season, I’m sure you can lend us 3 points in our quest to join you back in League One next season 😉

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Blue and Tangerine said:

So, it’s not too far off. We have so far sold just under 2400 so should be on for a very good crowd, dare I even say 4500 of your own? Bitterly disappointing result for ourselves on Saturday, sadly it was probably all we deserved, never really got out of 2nd gear and didn’t end up creating enough to win the game. That said, if we can win tomorrow night, it leaves us just 3 points behind the top 7 going into this belter of a game. Your unbelievable run continued I see with nothing short of a tremendous away win! You really have to fancy your chances now!

I fear for us on Saturday. That said, I said the same in the build up to the reverse fixture. Your midfield is easily the best in the football league, it just depends whether our midfield can make it hard for you come Saturday afternoon! Scholes’ first away game in charge should see us play the football he wants to, quick on the break and plenty of hard work and endeavour.

Anyway, all the best for the rest of the season, I’m sure you can lend us 3 points in our quest to join you back in League One next season 😉

I'd rather we didn't since we haven't won a derby at Gigg Lane in nearly a decade. 😂 😂 😂 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blue and Tangerine said:

You can bank those points now; as above!

• Like 1