Bury FC Message Board
RNaj1

Grealish attack.

Hopefully this halfwit, (if that's not exaggerating his intelligence), will be locked away for a very long time, (and have his citizenship revoked Mr Javid). Going off his reaction when being taken off by stewards, I doubt there's any sanction that would deter these kind of scum, it's like a badge of honour to them, a punch like that, had it landed on the temple could have had very serious implications for the player and this cretin could have been facing a murder charge.

Even if he escapes a prison sentence, give him a 24 hour curfew. Why should any members of the public have to encounter a person like this. These is my reasonable option. Reluctantly I rejected him being hung drawn and quartered  as it seems a tad severe.

Edited by postcorvus

Typical hard man - attacked him from behind. Absolute scum.

Also Grealish was still getting grief on Twitter after the game. He lost his younger brother in tragic accident a few years ago - Birmingham fans were taunting him with tweets like "you might have scored the winner today, but you'll never see your brother again". Unbelievable levels of vitriol. What goes through their fecking heads?

1 hour ago, astleywhite said:

Typical hard man - attacked him from behind. Absolute scum.

Also Grealish was still getting grief on Twitter after the game. He lost his younger brother in tragic accident a few years ago - Birmingham fans were taunting him with tweets like "you might have scored the winner today, but you'll never see your brother again". Unbelievable levels of vitriol. What goes through their fecking heads?

A bullet preferably!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

A 27 year old pub landlord apparently. I'll bet his establishment is a hive of sophistication!  

Talking of on field assaults, does anyone remember a referee getting punched by an away fan in front of the Manny Road End a few years ago? I've a feeling we were playing Bournemouth, but I could be wrong. 

16 minutes ago, nick01 said:

A 27 year old pub landlord apparently. I'll bet his establishment is a hive of sophistication!  

Talking of on field assaults, does anyone remember a referee getting punched by an away fan in front of the Manny Road End a few years ago? I've a feeling we were playing Bournemouth, but I could be wrong. 

Vaguely remember that, I also saw the ref get punched at Gigg in the 60s at a night match. The offender was the son of the headmaster at my school!

• Haha 1

Paul Mitchell pleads guilty

Magistrates have now risen after hearing the case.

They will sentence Mitchell this afternoon.

He has been taken down to the cells.

The court heard Mitchell is unemployed and was previously a manager of an unnamed pub.Magistrates have now risen after hearing the case.

Follow all the latest from Birmingham Magistrate here

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jack-grealish-punch-attack-latest-15953600

• Like 1

Not a lot different to the attack on Cameron Belford at Chesterfield.  All that yob got was a slap on the wrist and a 3 year banning order because he was a teenager.

4 hours ago, RNaj1 said:

Hopefully this halfwit, (if that's not exaggerating his intelligence), will be locked away for a very long time, (and have his citizenship revoked Mr Javid). Going off his reaction when being taken off by stewards, I doubt there's any sanction that would deter these kind of scum, it's like a badge of honour to them, a punch like that, had it landed on the temple could have had very serious implications for the player and this cretin could have been facing a murder charge.

Wow, just wow. Citizenship revoked for a moment of madness? Years locked in a cell? This guy has made a massive mistake there is no doubt about it , but the extreme punishment you think he should get is way OTT, terrorists who flee to Syria and then come back to the uk or try to should have there citizenship revoked, or grooming gangs who rape and abuse young girls, what this guy has done is wrong but a bit of perspective is needed here . 

36 minutes ago, buryshakers said:

Wow, just wow. Citizenship revoked for a moment of madness? Years locked in a cell? This guy has made a massive mistake there is no doubt about it , but the extreme punishment you think he should get is way OTT, terrorists who flee to Syria and then come back to the uk or try to should have there citizenship revoked, or grooming gangs who rape and abuse young girls, what this guy has done is wrong but a bit of perspective is needed here

So is a sense of humour!

• Haha 4

14 weeks jail, is that the maximum they could give? I think everyone, bar one, will agree it's not enough, unless it's in Guantanamo, (a joke before anyone jumps on me).

• Like 1

As said, it happened to Belford and it also happened to Chris Kirkland a few years ago so the current punishments aren't putting off the odd idiot knocking around.

Eventually the club of the supporter will have to cop the punishment, then those cheering the bloke as he was carted off might take a different view of such actions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RNaj1 said:

14 weeks jail, is that the maximum they could give? I think everyone, bar one, will agree it's not enough, unless it's in Guantanamo, (a joke before anyone jumps on me).

And remember if you get sentenced to 14 weeks you only serve 7 weeks(unless you are an MP when it would probably be 3 and a half weeks). 

Next time it could be a knife, the club should play behind closed doors for a month, I don't think he would be blowing kisses to his mates when he comes out of prison then, he's a (*)

Yes a terrible act and one that could have implications for the whole of football.

Will there be alot more stewards at Gigg/other grounds on Saturday.

Just had a quick scan of the internet, suggests around (only?) 8% of offenders go to jail for common assult.

I don't think The Judge could have given much more than 14 weeks..

On 13/03/2019 at 06:51, Maddentapin said:

.....Will there be alot more stewards at Gigg/other grounds on Saturday.....

After the recent game against Macclesfield there were two "Tactical Aid Unit" transit vans parked outside the club shop, presumably both full of "riot" police. Against Oldham I could see the need for this level of policing, but Macclesfield, really??? I would imagine our current level of stewarding would be more than adequate for the relatively low profile games remaining, but in the wacky world of GMP, who knows.

23 minutes ago, RNaj1 said:

After the recent game against Macclesfield there were two "Tactical Aid Unit" transit vans parked outside the club shop, presumably both full of "riot" police. Against Oldham I could see the need for this level of policing, but Macclesfield, really??? I would imagine our current level of stewarding would be more than adequate for the relatively low profile games remaining, but in the wacky world of GMP, who knows.

I thought the same but then saw the police marching a "crew" of macc fans up into Bury. They were trying to get into the Knowsley and walk away from the metro link, if the police hadn't been there then the likelihood for trouble was definitely there.

All decisions based on information and heavily influenced by previous football stadium disasters.

It is always easier to criticize afterwards and usually with limited or incorrect assumptions.

Didn't Stefan Camps slap an oppo player at Gigg this season?

On another note. Does anyone know the fan who ran on the pitch and joined in with the goal celebration pile up at Stevenage? I know it was high jinks, but imagine if he broke Maynard's ribs? Am I being too harsh?

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 13:07, Shaker-Zhou said:

It’s not just football, unfortunately I experienced something similar on the same day whilst trying to work. 

Go on...

19 minutes ago, bullockballamos said:

Didn't Stefan Camps slap an oppo player at Gigg this season?

On another note. Does anyone know the fan who ran on the pitch and joined in with the goal celebration pile up at Stevenage? I know it was high jinks, but imagine if he broke Maynard's ribs? Am I being too harsh?

1)Yep, banned for life. Silly boy.

2)Yes, you're being equally as silly as Stefan. It was one extra person in a pile of 10. How do you narrow it down to the fan?

• Like 1