Bury FC Message Board

As you may have seen, I have tried to remain positive and called out other rumours, but I can now say with 99% certainty that the club we know and love is dead in the water.

Steve Dale's business is asset stripping failing business; the latest in the long line of failing businesses being Bury FC.

He's transferred ownership of the ground into a limited company which only he and his son are directors off and has now walked - there will be no more money put in from his pocket - if, indeed, there ever was, hence the players knowing they most likely won't be paid again.

We need to support the lads now following their decision to continue playing under these circumstances because many wouldn't. We might not see the season out, but if we do, hopefully we can still be promoted because these lads deserve it for their own CV's. It will make no difference to us a club, but they've been fantastic to watch this season - what a tragic way for it to end.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RammyShaker said:

As you may have seen, I have tried to remain positive and called out other rumours, but I can now say with 99% certainty that the club we know and love is dead in the water.

Steve Dale's business is asset stripping failing business; the latest in the long line of failing businesses being Bury FC.

He's transferred ownership of the ground into a limited company which only he and his son are directors off and has now walked - there will be no more money put in from his pocket - if, indeed, there ever was, hence the players knowing they most likely won't be paid again.

We need to support the lads now following their decision to continue playing under these circumstances because many wouldn't. We might not see the season out, but if we do, hopefully we can still be promoted because these lads deserve it for their own CV's. It will make no difference to us a club, but they've been fantastic to watch this season - what a tragic way for it to end.

Rammy, If we have have no money, we wont even see the season out!  Costs of running the club way higher than income.  No extra money means we cannot run.

2 minutes ago, LondonWhite said:

Rammy, If we have have no money, we wont even see the season out!  Costs of running the club way higher than income.  No extra money means we cannot run.

Agreed - I said "we might not see the season out", but I just thought that by some miracle we might.

4 minutes ago, LondonWhite said:

Time for FB to see what they've got in their bank account and step up to the plate?

1 minute ago, RaRa said:

Time for FB to see what they've got in their bank account and step up to the plate?

About 12p probably there is no way FB are going to be able to get £14m from anywhere! Anyone phoned Danny Boyle?! 

Here's a list of Dale's other businesses.

We were blind to think he would see Bury as anything different.

He's stripped our main asset and is now managing his exit strategy.

He can say he made a go of it, on the face of it he did - the #myclubmycommunity was a really nice touch in making it all believable.

68058566_Screenshot(7).png.3d6a96b0ce595f63af9c975c5d8e70ce.png

306961981_Screenshot(8).png.418476e018ac8bec39d0e5242bed4775.png

415543978_Screenshot(3).png.f4794d94558e4099d789a18417ae9ddd.png

927763926_Screenshot(6).png.3cfe496f17020b65c9f0d6c2231d3737.png

1672358861_Screenshot(5).png.53e29173998a7d9fa74258025a0297a9.png

Guest Harry Stottle
26 minutes ago, RammyShaker said:

And he seemed such a nice man....

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

And he seemed such a nice man....

Exactly. I think that's what fooled us all.

Ask Lowey what he thinks of him if ever you get chance.

None now, they're all owned by Dales separate companies Bury FC Heritage Limited & Bury FC Social Limited.

Christian and Steve Dale own the lot.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure there was some interviews with Dale on the clubs YouTube channel. Just looked now and can’t see any? 

Though he was Gordon's mate so Introduced to the club, not the other way around...

3 minutes ago, Cul De Sac said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure there was some interviews with Dale on the clubs YouTube channel. Just looked now and can’t see any? 

Was that Fans Forum ever converted to video for the website too?

3 minutes ago, RammyShaker said:

None now, they're all owned by Dales separate companies Bury FC Heritage Limited & Bury FC Social Limited.

Christian and Steve Dale own the lot.

What about the charges over those assets ? Was the £3m yo pay those off ? 

If so , what were the other alleged £11m secured on ? 

2 minutes ago, tottyboy said:

What about the charges over those assets ? Was the £3m yo pay those off ? 

If so , what were the other alleged £11m secured on ? 

1) I suspect so. 

2) I don't know, but I think £14m is inflated - more likely *only* £9m. Maybe they're secured against future earnings, tv rights etc rather than physical property.

Do we have any real facts regarding this ? Or is it just another rumour, I understand tempers are frayed, but the last factual message was

https://mobile.twitter.com/karlsvc.

ive also seen a twitter message regarding the players, that’s it...

lets just keep our powder dry until we get real, live factual info

4 minutes ago, MrBistow said:

Though he was Gordon's mate so Introduced to the club, not the other way around...

I thought MM was thomas’s Mate , and SD2 was apparently introduced by MM ? 

I begin to wonder if SD2 is actually SD1s mate 

• Like 1

For the record, that list of liquidated businesses forms less than half. There are plenty more and more in the names of Christian & Cassandra Dale, his kids.

2 minutes ago, tottyboy said:

I thought MM was thomas’s Mate , and SD2 was apparently introduced by MM ? 

I begin to wonder if SD2 is actually SD1s mate 

I suspect so too. I saw someone on Twitter saying they saw Day near Gigg in his Range Rover on Monday/Tuesday.

6 minutes ago, RammyShaker said:

No. 

6 minutes ago, RammyShaker said:

No. 

There's this one:

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2018/december/free-ifollow-video-new-chairman-steve-dale--director-matt-mccarthy/

I emailed the club twice about the fans' forum and was told first that the directors were "busy" and second there was still the intention of putting on the OS.  I felt like posting on here "First broken promise of the new regime?" but feared being shot down in flames.

Posted (edited)

In the video, McCarthy confirms that he's a mate of Dale.   And Dale is a mate of Thomas. 

Edited by surrey__exile