Bury FC Message Board

"Posting facts is fine, that’s what people want, not utter rubbish and unfounded speculation - it serves nobody, least of all the Club. "

Let us have some then please Steve - then we know exactly where we are.

• Like 6

Woolly at best again.

Nice to hear some specifics on the players salaries being paid, but very little else said.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Spee said:

Brilliant, spot on from our chairman. We all know it's a mammoth task which is trying by be sorted, doubt we will get spacifics until / if definitively resolved

Taking criticism with a good sense of humour.

Also thanking others who are helping, more positive signs.

Edited by MrBistow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Good statement - again.

I trust the bit about not posting unfounded rumour as fact will be widely ignored.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Some good, some bad in that statement.

Delighted we’ve got a breathing space and that he paid tribute to those who helped - good stuff.

Disappointed at lack of clarity re the situation which fuels the social media nonsense he highlights.

Appalled at the lack of apologies to the unpaid staff given that the wage bill is unchanged since his arrival, so that money had to be set aside to pay them, regardless of the terrible other stuff emerging.

Edited by smancshakerisback
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

i'm not sure what level of details people expect.

Edited by Milky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RammyShaker said:

Woolly at best again.

Nice to hear some specifics on the players salaries being paid, but very little else said.

Being lapped up by some, no date on actual payment just says they will be paid, nothing else mentioned.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

This statement is welcome.  It is not the sort of missive one would expect from a dreamer or idiot - we've had our share of both!.

We face a long and difficult journey before the club is in a fit state to realistically challenge for honours.  Some decisions won't be popular but we may get what we want - a sustainable club.

I applaud what the chairman has said.

Edited by RADCLIFFE LOYAL
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I would have liked to hear a bit more on why Karl Evans has gone. And Lee Dykes

I would have liked to hear about why Jill Neville had to pay the phone and broadband bill.

I would have liked to fully understand why we were lied to about it being cash only.

I would have liked him to address why he didn't feel the need to talk to Lowey or the players/staff about their missing wages.

I would just really have liked a bit more. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love 2

The statement is a breath of fresh air, no punches pulled.  Translating this into action will take time and perhaps even more patience than we've needed in the past.

• Like 2

Cue the next new article. 

Danny Mayor signs new & improved terms :)

11 minutes ago, MrBistow said:

Brilliant, spot on from our chairman. We all know it's a mammoth task which is trying by be sorted, doubt we will get spacifics until / if definitively resolved

Taking criticism with a good sense of humour.

Also thanking others who are helping, more positive signs.

Really? You think this is 'spot on'? Reads to me like a teenagers 'indirect' on social media - "some of youse are for right nobs yeh".

I would personally like to understand the "spacifics" or at least have him state that he cannot expand on the severity of the situation because of or y.

He alludes to serious changes that need to be made - why not state what they are? e.g. "promotion or not, we won't spend on players for the foreseeable future"

• Like 2

'I am pleased to say our new bankers will have opened our new account this week, so the money frozen in our NatWest account will be released to the new account, allowing the residual wages to be paid. I thank all for standing by the Club whilst this was getting sorted.'

That to me is a them claiming payment is imminent. So we should expect all staff to be paid within the next (at most) seven days? 

2 minutes ago, Barry P said:

'I am pleased to say our new bankers will have opened our new account this week, so the money frozen in our NatWest account will be released to the new account, allowing the residual wages to be paid. I thank all for standing by the Club whilst this was getting sorted.'

That to me is a them claiming payment is imminent. So we should expect all staff to be paid within the next (at most) seven days? 

All it says to me is we have a new account open, I beg that staff and players are paid by the end of this week.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Very underwhelmed.

Seems more about him and his slights. If he is concerned about facts, then share some.

What is he on about with cloud spinners?

Glad he thanked those who stood by, which I presume means staff and wages.

Hope he sticks to his promise to keep us informed

It reads like a Kevin Blackwell statement. Honest where  the fault is elsewhere, Amusing but very me me

Edited by morex
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

How does money from a frozen account be allowed to move to a new account? Genuine question? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, T.A said:

How does money from a frozen account be allowed to move to a new account? Genuine question? 

I don’t know. More than that: how has a bank allowed us to set up a new account when our existing ones are frozen due to a WUP?

Direct statement. Time to see action, starting with the wage bill.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RammyShaker said:

I would have liked to hear a bit more on why Karl Evans has gone. And Lee Dykes

I would have liked to hear about why Jill Neville had to pay the phone and broadband bill.

I would have liked to fully understand why we were lied to about it being cash only.

I would have liked him to address why he didn't feel the need to talk to Lowey or the players/staff about their missing wages.

I would just really have liked a bit more. 

I suspect satisfying questions from people who have been attacking him (rightly or wrongly) might not be just top of his in tray right now?

• Like 6

Have to agree with his comment of living within out means. As a League 2 club, why do we need a CEO, Sporting Director, and Glenn Thomas. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, 1885 said:

I don’t know. More than that: how has a bank allowed us to set up a new account when our existing ones are frozen due to a WUP?

Direct statement. Time to see action, starting with the wage bill.

We don't actually know the reason it was frozen do we?

I'd like to have read about the club's plans to  engage with stakeholders who we know have the club's best interests at heart, eg: Forever Bury and Bury Council. 

• Like 3

The "Cloud Spinners" has got to be the new nickname of the Phoenix club....surely?

Seriously that's all a bit odd, rather rambly in my opinion. 

What have we learned:

1) The club has been saved and should stop behaving like a Premiership club

2) we have a new banker who will pay the staff sometime, and

3) He doesn't like social media.

not much else in there really. I wonder who the people mentioned in the credits at the end are, and have they helped with cash or support?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, david.healymbe said:

We don't actually know the reason it was frozen do we?

It’s standard operating procedure for a winding up petition. If it’s frozen for another reason then it would have been frozen for the WUP anyway. Doesn’t answer the question... but I guess we’ll never know!