Bury FC Message Board

That lad encapsulated everything that is good in football. He gave his all for the cause today and his rapport with the fans is why there is still hope for this season. A fixture for the remaining games, surely. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

You’d had got long odds against him scoring 2 headers against their defenders.

I thought he was poor 1st half, bad touch and layoffs, but like all good strikers, came up with the goods. 

• Like 2

Took his goals well and gets up well in the air for a small bloke, have to say Wiggy must take a lot of credit for Dom's 2nd with his hard work and sheer persistence to create the opportunity l.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, scales of justice said:

You’d had got long odds against him scoring 2 headers against their defenders.

I thought he was poor 1st half, bad touch and layoffs, but like all good strikers, came up with the goods. 

I thought he was overworked and too deep first half as he wasn't getting the ball. O'Shea in particular didn't turn up til half time.

However DT kept trying to get involved and good on him for keeping going and getting his rewards once him and Maynard started getting the ball without their back to goal.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HeapBridgeWhite said:

Took his goals well and gets up well in the air for a small bloke, have to say Wiggy must take a lot of credit for Dom's 2nd with his hard work and sheer persistence to create the opportunity l.

What a cross, perhaps we could play him on the right wing...😀

8 minutes ago, BarryStrange said:

I thought he was overworked and too deep first half as he wasn't getting the ball. O'Shea in particular didn't turn up til half time.

However DT kept trying to get involved and good on him for keeping going and getting his rewards once him and Maynard started getting the ball without their back to goal.

Strange how we all view things differently, I thought O’Shea was more visible first half.

Having listened to the commentary and being totally unbiased ,Barcelona wouldn't have lived with us today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Both Telford and Maynard worked their socks off today.  Hopefully the re-addition of Mayor will make their job a little easier if they're paired up again next Friday. 

A huge thank you again to all the guys for their efforts.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scales of justice said:

Strange how we all view things differently, I thought O’Shea was more visible first half.

Aye and we are all entitled to see things in a different way.

I clearly saw things differently to Lowe as I thought McFadzean played well and yet he went off at half time.

Honourable mention to Aimson who I thought was excellent today.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, shakerste said:

Speaking of crossing, I thought Nicky Adams was ‘on it’ today 👍

Much better today. In fact most of his balls into the box were threatening. 

Telford and Maynard played a lot closer together second half and it helped them and the team. 

• Like 1

First goal, amazing scenes as me and R11 spared an embrace. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He’s a great player, said this every time I’ve seen him. Surprised he hasn’t featured more. Always involved in the game someway or another. There was a delightful flick to Maynard in the 2nd half.

9 minutes ago, Barry P said:

First goal, amazing scenes as me and R11 spared an embrace. 😂 

You must have had to hold him up!!!! 😉

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, BarryStrange said:

Aye and we are all entitled to see things in a different way.

I clearly saw things differently to Lowe as I thought McFadzean played well and yet he went off at half time.

Honourable mention to Aimson who I thought was excellent today.

Came off with a knock, not performance related. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, still running man said:

You must have had to hold him up!!!! 😉

He thought I was having a heart attack. 😂 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, postcorvus said:

Having listened to the commentary and being totally unbiased ,Barcelona wouldn't have lived with us today.

Barca drew 0-0 with Huesca today. ‘Who are ya’ more like. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Barry P said:

He thought I was having a heart attack. 😂 

I tried to run towards your loving embrace but dropped my bag of nuts and trod on them instead. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, HeapBridgeWhite said:

Maynard's cross was superb.

• Like 2

At 0 -0 I said to my mate "What's the point in crossing / high balls  to Telford. He isn't going to score or win a header." One of the thousand million or so reasons  I'm not a football  manager. Well done and hopefully he will hit a vein or form at the right time

Still our own worse enemy today  with a couple of defensive catastrophe luckily not acted upon. Murphy MOM, despite Telford's goals, as he pulled off a couple of outstanding saves. 

The introduction of Moore changed it second half. Whilst Adams was the main man it gave them something moore to think about.

Funny game football. No where near the performance levels of Carlise but 3 points and a clean sheet is all that counts. UTS

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, morex said:

Funny game football. No where near the performance levels of Carlise but 3 points and a clean sheet is all that counts. UTS

Carlisle took their chances well. Colchester's finishing on the other hand was appalling. How many did they balloon over? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skyblueshaker said:

Carlisle took their chances well. Colchester's finishing on the other hand was appalling. How many did they balloon over? 

Murphy's save and the cross bar helped.

4 minutes ago, skyblueshaker said:

Colchester seemed to easily get the ball to the edge of our box but from there they were useless. 

I agree we were much better at Carlisle but they didn't let us off that day. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, morex said:

At 0 -0 I said to my mate "What's the point in crossing / high balls  to Telford. He isn't going to score or win a header." One of the thousand million or so reasons  I'm not a football  manager. Well done and hopefully he will hit a vein or form at the right time

Still our own worse enemy today  with a couple of defensive catastrophe luckily not acted upon. Murphy MOM, despite Telford's goals, as he pulled off a couple of outstanding saves. 

The introduction of Moore changed it second half. Whilst Adams was the main man it gave them something moore to think about.

I see what you did there 😉

Agree with your summary though. Murphy was excellent today, and Byron made a huge difference. 

• Thanks 1