Bury FC Message Board

Just sat down for 15 minutes with #BuryFC director Matt McCarthy - you can hear the full interview this evening on @BBCRadioManc.

• Thanks 2

for clarification, that's from Mike Minay (@MikeMinay) on twitter - unless that's you kentshaker? ;) 

• Haha 3

Lol I did edit it I thought some people on here would think it was me otherwise😛 edit didn't work though. Anyway no it wasn't me. Would like to though,probably wouldn't get anything out of him.

Edited by kentshaker
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mintymacey said:

lol i did!

And your user name doesnt help...how many double M's do we need?! 

I thought you were Mike Minay for a moment!  :icon_wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kentshaker said:

Just sat down for 15 minutes with #BuryFC director Matt McCarthy - you can hear the full interview this evening on @BBCRadioManc.

Will be very interesting to hear what he has to say and fair play to him for doing it, although, should really be a job for the Chairman.

Apart from his dress sense(!) - Matt McCarthy could be okay. My main niggle though, is his friendship with Glenn Thomas...

19 minutes ago, R11 BFC said:

Will be very interesting to hear what he has to say and fair play to him for doing it, although, should really be a job for the Chairman.

Apart from his dress sense(!) - Matt McCarthy could be okay. My main niggle though, is his friendship with Glenn Thomas...

My guess is that Dale has delegated McCarthy ( so he had no choice) and he will only reveal as much as Dale allows him to, which won’t be much. 

Edited by scales of justice
  • Like 1
  • Like Copy 2

33 minutes ago, R11 BFC said:

I believe MM is mortified by the goings on.

• Like 3

Important not to expect too much from the interview. As an interviewer Minay is hardly Jeremy Paxman from what I have heard so I imagine it will be highly choreographed as to what is asked. Plus as much as it would be nice to know the board are entitled to keep their cards close to their chests while sorting the mess out. Revealing too much could be detrimental. 

Unfortunately wringing of hands does not cut it.Now if he'd used his life savings to pay the players on the other hand.....

6 minutes ago, LondonWhite said:

Thanks. Although it doesn’t actually say anything, other than sorry.  I suppose that’s a start!

Like others have said I think he will say nothing and just generally say sorry without giving any reasons or proper reassurances. 

3 minutes ago, DJAsh said:

Not really saying much 

How to talk for 15 mins and say nothing!  Just wasted 15 mins of my life.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, coolcat said:

How to talk for 15 mins and say nothing!  Just wasted 15 mins of my life.

So true.  So there is a plan.  When he said that why didnt the person asking the questions ask something like 'When are the staff and players expected to be paid as part of this plan'?

What is the point of having an interview and not really saying anything?  Maybe its because, he hasn't got a clue what is going on?!

• Like 1

He did mention that he can't go into the finances in detail due to legal investigations, he hasn't spoke to Day since he left and there was never a fear of actually going out of business.

2 minutes ago, LondonWhite said:

So true.  So there is a plan.  When he said that why didnt the person asking the questions ask something like 'When are the staff and players expected to be paid as part of this plan'?

What is the point of having an interview and not really saying anything?  Maybe its because, he hasn't got a clue what is going on?!

Also is any money being invested by  chairman.

7 minutes ago, david.healymbe said:

He did mention that he can't go into the finances in detail due to legal investigations, he hasn't spoke to Day since he left and there was never a fear of actually going out of business.

I didnt catch it all, I must have missed them bits