Bury FC Message Board

6 minutes ago, N8URY said:

Bank transfers typically take 3 working days to be processed and paid in to the recipients bank account.  Bearing in mind that Friday and Monday are both Bank Holidays, unless the transfer is set in motion early tomorrow at the latest, then the staff can't be paid before Easter.

When I pay my workers direct it goes out of my bank account immediately and is in their account in minutes. Are the banks up north still operating on steam power?

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, bullockballamos said:

When I pay my workers direct it goes out of my bank account immediately and is in their account in minutes. Are the banks up north still operating on steam power?

it depends whether they are paid by direct transfer or BACS

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scales of justice said:

As I guessed earlier, it was a nothing interview 

I accept confidentiality issues, but my feeling is that they don’t have any answers

Time for the organ grinder and not the monkey  to step forward

Well after his oratory performance at the forum, like you I wasn`t expecting much but he didn't even reach that low expectation level.

Just remembering some of his pearls from that evening.

"just you wait to see what we have got in store for you"  "it - will - blow - your - mind" 

Anyone's mind been blown yet?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ExiledinEdgeley said:

The Friday, Monday I quoted isn't this weekend coming. It`s the Friday just past and today.

Yes I realised that.  I was just trying to point out that they won't get paid this Friday or next Monday either!!

28 minutes ago, N8URY said:

Bank transfers typically take 3 working days to be processed and paid in to the recipients bank account.  Bearing in mind that Friday and Monday are both Bank Holidays, unless the transfer is set in motion early tomorrow at the latest, then the staff can't be paid before Easter.

Cheques don't even take 3 days these days.

Takes 2 hrs - max.

1 minute ago, N8URY said:

Yes I realised that.  I was just trying to point out that they won't get paid this Friday or next Monday either!!

Oh right sorry, I see.

I`m just sat thinking about them not being paid till after Easter. I`m sure many of them have children who are currently on their Easter holidays. A time when families normally plan days out and short breaks together. And they are there not knowing when or if they are going to be paid. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ExiledinEdgeley said:

Well after his oratory performance at the forum, like you I wasn`t expecting much but he didn't even reach that low expectation level.

Just remembering some of his pearls from that evening.

"just you wait to see what we have got in store for you"  "it - will - blow - your - mind" 

Anyone's mind been blown yet?

Yup. Not in a good way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MrBistow said:

Cheques don't even take 3 days these days.

Takes 2 hrs - max.

As EiE said BACS transfers, which are the normal method of making payments from one bank account to another, still take 3 working days to clear.  You also need to remember that just because money may appear to be in your account it hasn't necessarily fully cleared yet i.e. it could still end up not being paid in.  

In any event all of this is irrelevant if the club's account hasn't been unfrozen yet or the validation order has been confirmed.   I don't believe any of us know if either of these have happened yet.  So my thoughts are still very much with the staff at this time.

• Like 3
  • Like Copy 1

They phoned me and Neil the shaker up to speak.

i was asked about Saturday’s math atmosphere and then about finances. The fans got behind the team and were positive etc.

Finances - well, if you think we owe 277k and 140k to HMRC and Brass respectively, then those two things alone are on the verge of sinking us unless our non human ATM fancies on plugging that giant hole.