Bury FC Message Board

There has been much talk on this board over the past few days about setting up a new fan group and asking for communication from Forever Bury with all the associated discussion which has gone with it. Unfortunately there is too little time for discussion, we have until May 15th to save our club.

I see two options:

1. Wait for a white knight to come to our rescue, pump millions into the club and, make us a Championship side within 5 years.

We have tried that model and it hasn’t worked out too well. In fact, it has put us in the mess we are in now.

2. Become a fan owned club with support from Forever Bury and Supporters Direct and make Bury FC run on a sustainable basis to ensure ongoing survival.

This is the model we need.

I know many want to see concrete developments to secure the future of our club and this is your opportunity to make things happen.

I am starting a campaign to raise an initial £3 Million to pay our immediate debts and to see us through the summer.

But… I do not want anyone to pay any money now.

I want 3000 people to PLEDGE £1000 each to see how close we can come to the target. If there are not 3000, we need others to pledge an amount, any amount, which will take us forward.

The aim is to have an agreement to buy the club, subject to raising the monies needed and, to go to the High Court to ask for an adjournment whilst we complete the task ahead of us.

We will not be able to raise the pledges from this board alone, so I trust that there are many people able to help spread the message through other channels, social media, friends, businesses, in fact anyone or thing you can think of and, in addition, to co-ordinate the amount of pledges given. All this needs to happen in days, not weeks.

Amounts up to £1000 will be treated as donations. Larger amounts can be donated, or lent interest free, or lent paying an interest rate similar to major banks current offering. We must never be in the realms of 138% interest per annum again. Finer details have yet to be worked out and I welcome all and any suggestions which will ensure our safety.

Providing we come close to our target, the aim is to establish, with the help of Supporters Direct and Forever Bury, a sustainable fan owned club, living within its means.

Once we have control of the club, we will look to becoming a community club, with volunteers and professionals working together to ensure we are never in this situation again.

If there are professionals such as accountants, solicitors and fundraisers and are willing to work on this campaign pro bono, please message me asap.

If you are happy to pledge on this board and to the public, please do so.

If you wish your pledge to remain private, please message me and I will total the pledges made as one sum and update every 2 days.

Remember, we are not collecting money yet, just a pledge that you will donate when the time comes.

Please help Buy Our Bury.

BOB

• Like 11

I pledge £1000.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Not on Social media but this needs sharing on there. 

I also believe that, should a knight in shining armour appear this movement needs to remain. If said person is genuine they will happily engage and work with us, if they are another lying scumbag like Day then we will have a strong body of people there to oppose them. 

Edited by Barry P
  • Like 6

Mr. P,

Can you use your own "Social Media"; friends and relatives. I know it may be difficult talking to the MIL but you never know, she may have some spare cash lying around.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'll go with option 2, a fan owned club & I will offer £10k at an agreed & guaranteed return interest rate.

Edited by RoversRoy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, RoversRoy said:

I will offer £10k at an agreed & guaranteed return interest rate.

I'm not as rich as Roy! But i'll pledge £1000 for our Bury.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, alanlondon said:

Mr. P,

Can you use your own "Social Media"; friends and relatives. I know it may be difficult talking to the MIL but you never know, she may have some spare cash lying around.

Done, friends sharing it as we speak. 

Edited by Barry P
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Barry P said:

Not on Social media but this needs sharing on there. 

I also believe that, should a knight in shining armour appear this movement needs to remain. If said person is genuine they will happily engage and work with us, if they are another lying scumbag like Day then we will have a strong body of people there to oppose them. 

5 minutes ago, Barry P said:

Done, friends sharing it as we speak. 

You truly are a King amongst men!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I understand some people will want pledge by private message but if they do a running total would be nice, I'm still trying to work out if I would have the funds available to make a pledge. No point pledging with empty pockets. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alanlondon said:

There has been much talk on this board over the past few days about setting up a new fan group and asking for communication from Forever Bury with all the associated discussion which has gone with it. Unfortunately there is too little time for discussion, we have until May 15th to save our club.

I see two options:

1. Wait for a white knight to come to our rescue, pump millions into the club and, make us a Championship side within 5 years.

We have tried that model and it hasn’t worked out too well. In fact, it has put us in the mess we are in now.

2. Become a fan owned club with support from Forever Bury and Supporters Direct and make Bury FC run on a sustainable basis to ensure ongoing survival.

I know many want to see concrete developments to secure the future of our club and this is your opportunity to make things happen.

I am starting a campaign to raise an initial £3 Million to pay our immediate debts and to see us through the summer.

I want 3000 people to PLEDGE £1000 each to see how close we can come to the target.

If there are not 3000, we need others to pledge an amount, any amount, which will take us forward. The aim is to have an agreement to buy the club, subject to raising the monies needed and, to go to the High Court to ask for an adjournment whilst we complete the task ahead of us.

We will not be able to raise the pledges from this board alone, so I trust that there are many people able to help spread the message through other channels, social media, friends, businesses, in fact anyone or thing you can think of and, in addition, to co-ordinate the amount of pledges given. All this needs to happen in days, not weeks.

Amounts up to £1000 will be treated as donations. Larger amounts can be donated, or lent interest free, or lent paying an interest rate similar to major banks current offering. We must never be in the realms of 138% interest per annum again. Finer details have yet to be worked out and I welcome all and any suggestions which will ensure our safety.

Providing we come close to our target, the aim is to establish, with the help of Supporters Direct and Forever Bury, a sustainable fan owned club, living within its means.

Once we have control of the club, we will look to becoming a community club, with volunteers and professionals working together to ensure we are never in this situation again.

If there are professionals such as accountants, solicitors and fundraisers and are willing to work on this campaign pro bono, please message me asap.

If you wish your pledge to remain private, please message me and I will total the pledges made as one sum and update every 2 days.

Remember, we are not collecting money yet, just a pledge that you will donate when the time comes.

BOB

Is it possible you can make up a social media friendy version of option 2 (fan owned club) explaining the plight of Bury FC, what's happened this past 5.5yrs until now, the current position & the option 2 plan.

EVERYONE on social media platforms can then copy/paste it to generate as much interest as possible & to as wider audience as possible.

By the way, well thought out & a great idea. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, kentshaker said:

I understand some people will want pledge by private message but if they do a running total would be nice, I'm still trying to work out if I would have the funds available to make a pledge. No point pledging with empty pockets. 

From Alan's post:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, kentshaker said:

Just posted the appeal on the Facebook Bury message board. hope that's ok

Good man.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, alanlondon said:

I see two options:

I want 3000 people to PLEDGE £1000 each to see how close we can come to the target.

If there are not 3000, we need others to pledge an amount, any amount, which will take us forward. The aim is to have an agreement to buy the club, subject to raising the monies needed and, to go to the High Court to ask for an adjournment whilst we complete the task ahead of us.

BOB

Related image

Edited by R11 BFC
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, cornhill said:

To get the total back to a round number I will pledge £500

Thank you!

I pressed the "like" button by accident, but I do like it anyway.

6 minutes ago, alanlondon said:

Thank you!

I pressed the "like" button by accident, but I do like it anyway.

My OCD loves it!!!

3 minutes ago, R11 BFC said:

My OCD loves it!!!

Wouldn't like the total, odd number atm.

BTW told you it was a good job you bought that season ticket. Lucky devil.

• Haha 1

This is a great idea and I congratulate you for sticking your head above the parapet. I would certainly be interested in giving money to this cause. However. This needs to be professionally set up. A Limited company needs to be formed with directors and a secretary. The new company needs to go through the legal channels to be a legitimate concern. Do we have the volunteers to do this? This is an enormous task. It is possible, but without the physical backing it will not succeed. There are a few good people on here  pledging money. Are they prepared to lose it? I am not being negative just realistic. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bullockballamos said:

This is a great idea and I congratulate you for sticking your head above the parapet. I would certainly be interested in giving money to this cause. However. This needs to be professionally set up. A Limited company needs to be formed with directors and a secretary. The new company needs to go through the legal channels to be a legitimate concern. Do we have the volunteers to do this? This is an enormous task. It is possible, but without the physical backing it will not succeed. There are a few good people on here pledging money. Are they prepared to lose it? I am not being negative just realistic. 

Good points, well raised. However, pledges up to £1000 are a gift, so i know i'm 'losing' it! But happy to do so, to keep my football club alive. 

From Alan's post:

"Amounts up to £1000 will be treated as donations."

• Like 1