Bury FC Message Board

I have posted that I have been in contact with my friend at Gigg lane. They assured me that the staff would appreciate it as many are really struggling! So, ideas please. Maybe FB cabin could be the store? We need to get going ASAP.

• Like 5
  • Love 4

7 minutes ago, GTshaker1903 said:

Maybe supermarket store cards

What address would be safe to send to

Good idea. Maybe for instant impact lots of us could just get to the supermarket and offload 20 pounds or whatever. Slight Hitch is probably get the food down there on Monday when, hopefully, the staff are back.

What about getting a store card to the total of say £25 to give to the staff so they then control what they choose

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GTshaker1903 said:

What about getting a store card to the total of say £25 to give to the staff so they then control what they choose

Again, a really good idea. Just thinking that If they had some food on Monday then we could start the cards straight after but I will go along with the majority. Also maybe if we could start a 'pledge to help' here it would be a bonus. We needn't pledge an amount just saying I will help.

I will send a couple of store cards

But is it best to send them to Bury FC

Is there a best address to receive them

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, GTshaker1903 said:

I will send a couple of store cards

But is it best to send them to Bury FC

Is there a best address to receive them

you are more than welcome to send them to me. I will get them down there on Monday.

I can send you my address if you are ok with that?

Edited by still running man
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, GTshaker1903 said:

Maybe supermarket store cards

What address would be safe to send to

Store cards would be great for us exiles.

Send to SRM perhaps?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GTshaker1903 said:

Yes i am happy to do that

Do you need my email address

Just use the messaging facility on here. Click username, click on envelope, write and send message.

17 minutes ago, alanlondon said:

Just use the messaging facility on here. Click username, click on envelope, write and send message.

Just had another thought. Is there anything left in the emergency fund? Maybe we could use some of that but holding some back for absolute cash crisis?

14 minutes ago, still running man said:

Just had another thought. Is there anything left in the emergency fund? Maybe we could use some of that but holding some back for absolute cash crisis?

SRM, 

Probably better to keep the two separate, some will donate cash for bills etc. whilst others will appreciate foodbank.

14 minutes ago, kentshaker said:

Should I share this idea on the Facebook message board?

Done, let's see what reaction there is to it? 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, alanlondon said:

SRM, 

Probably better to keep the two separate, some will donate cash for bills etc. whilst others will appreciate foodbank.

That's fine.

• Like 1

Is the just giving page still open? If so - can you repost and i’ll contribute

• Like 4

Had one reply so far over on Facebook, One guy has said when I post details he will do a full shop👍

• Like 2

That's fine with me. Also, Alanlondon just suggested that maybe if folks preferred they could buy store cards in multiples of £10 and either take them in or send them to me if you are an exile? pm me for my address. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Great ideas and initiative. And i`m sure there are plenty who want to help the staff.

Just a couple of thoughts. We have a vast range of staff,  men, women and of a broad age range.

To maximise the effect of any donation I think cash would be best, which could then say be used to buy Asda vouchers. They will know best what is needed.

Also we must have family or friends who work for some of the local large supermarkets. How about getting in touch with these stores.

Maybe the local Asda would like the publicity of themselves helping our local heroes. Even if we could come to an arrangement where for each £1 spent via Bury F.C they put a pound in.

Edited by ExiledinEdgeley
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, ExiledinEdgeley said:

Great ideas and initiative. And i`m sure there are plenty who want to help the staff.

Just a couple of thoughts. We have a vast range of staff,  men, women and of a broad age range.

To maximise the effect of any donation I think cash would be best, which could then say be used to buy Asda vouchers. They will know best what is needed.

Also we must have family or friends who work for some of the local large supermarkets. How about getting in touch with these stores.

Maybe the local Asda would like the publicity of themselves helping our local heroes. Even if we could come to an arrangement where for each £1 spent via Bury F.C they put a pound in.

yet another good idea. It's so great to see fans coming together like this. As Andy says  ' WE ARE BURY' (we look after our own)

• Like 2
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, still running man said:

yet another good idea. It's so great to see fans coming together like this. As Andy says  ' WE ARE BURY' (we look after our own)

Press coverage/ideas from something similar at Bolton:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48268140

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17637911.bolton-wanderers-set-up-emergency-food-bank-for-unpaid-staff/

Fair play to Preston North End for donating 2 grand. This is what football/life is really all about. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, still running man said:

Quite a few big stores locally, if they are made aware of the staffs predicament who knows how charitable they will be.  👍

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, R11 BFC said:

Press coverage/ideas from something similar at Bolton:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48268140

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17637911.bolton-wanderers-set-up-emergency-food-bank-for-unpaid-staff/

Fair play to Preston North End for donating 2 grand. This is what football/life is really all about. 

Its lovely to read about generosity like that. From both PNE and local businesses. I`m sure if we pull together we can have something in place for the staff quickly.

A lot are 2 months plus short on wages. And the wages they were paid late would have gone straight to pay the most pressing debts. They need our help immediately.

• Like 1
  • Love 2