Bury FC Message Board

20 hours ago, stonekeeper said:

I have no doubt it will appear on Granada reports at some point. There was coverage on the Radio thankfully.

But local interest items will be judged by an editor prior to inclusion and when he/she is told a story "Not been paid for three months?" from some sources then hears "paid the balance of March last week and 50% of April today" it does dilute the urgency for inclusion?

I don't understand why Dale is keeping the Staff completely in the dark whilst appearing to making inroads into catching up on wages. Leaving staff to convey an "Us and him" mentality.

Apart from him thinking he was let down on confidentiality in the past?

He told us that he wanted a "community club".  I suggest that this is happening, but not in the way he probably envisaged.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, RADCLIFFE LOYAL said:

He told us that he wanted a "community club".  I suggest that this is happening, but not in the way he probably envisaged.

Its certainly brought the fans together, I doubt the stupid old man envisaged such a thing happening. More fool him certainly bit off more the he could chew.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, stonekeeper said:

I have no doubt it will appear on Granada reports at some point. There was coverage on the Radio thankfully.

But local interest items will be judged by an editor prior to inclusion and when he/she is told a story "Not been paid for three months?" from some sources then hears "paid the balance of March last week and 50% of April today" it does dilute the urgency for inclusion?

I don't understand why Dale is keeping the Staff completely in the dark whilst appearing to making inroads into catching up on wages. Leaving staff to convey an "Us and him" mentality.

Apart from him thinking he was let down on confidentiality in the past?

It wasn't dale who gave the ok to pay 50% of April's wage to the staff... He is now fuming the ok was given.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, whitefield white said:

It wasn't dale who gave the ok to pay 50% of April's wage to the staff... He is now fuming the ok was given.

Fuming?Who the hell does he think he is?I wouldnt care less if Gordon had paid the staff out of the season ticket monies.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HUGHEN RILEY TACKLES said:

Fuming?Who the hell does he think he is?I wouldnt care less if Gordon had paid the staff out of the season ticket monies.

He's solely dealing with the takeover which is very worrying. The superb support from the fans via donations ect has also rattled his cage.

6 minutes ago, whitefield white said:

He's solely dealing with the takeover which is very worrying. The superb support from the fans via donations ect has also rattled his cage.

Not wanting to doubt you,but how do you know?

2 minutes ago, HUGHEN RILEY TACKLES said:

Not wanting to doubt you,but how do you know?

A family member works at the football club. Emu who's a member on here can prove that he kindly took him to tranmere.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, whitefield white said:

He should be locked up in a cage UTS

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whitefield white said:

A family member works at the football club. Emu who's a member on here can prove that he kindly took him to tranmere.

I believe you.Emu seems to know quite a lot also.

• Like 1

Zilch on Granada yet again, mention of players statement.

3 minutes ago, Vinny said:

Sam Gibbs did say on Facebook and twitter that it will probable be on Monday (don't know why) 

2 minutes ago, kentshaker said:

Sam Gibbs did say on Facebook and twitter that it will probable be on Monday (don't know why) 

Marvellous... On a bloody Bank Holiday when people are doing other things.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Barmcake said:

Marvellous... On a bloody Bank Holiday when people are doing other things.

I should have said from Monday. If something about the club being sold breaks, it will probably never be aired, That's fine by me.

26 minutes ago, Vinny said:

Shame on Granada Reports again, putting a feature on taekwondo above the perilous financial plight of Bury  FC.

You are all forgetting the impact of the ' bombing' ... really deep ( work in Manc... ex students involved... not right time...UTS..

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, scales of justice said:

Shame on Granada Reports again, putting a feature on taekwondo above the perilous financial plight of Bury  FC.

This is an email I sent to ITV, granada.

Dear sirs, yesterday myself and 2 other fans of Bury FC were interviewed by, I think, Mike Minay? So far 2 6pm Granada news have been broadcast but nothing concerning our club. Now, why is it you choose to ignore the desperate plight of one of the most famous north west clubs and show other items including a netball item? We, just like Bolton WFC have had the most unscrupulous owners who have driven us to the point of liquidation with staff and players having to go 2 months without any pay at all. We are still breathing,just, thanks entirely to the dedication of the staff who continued to work under such miserable conditions yet allowed Ryan Lowe and the team, also totally unpaid, to achieve promotion. Of course the millionaires just 10 miles along the M56 get hours of coverage riding on open top bus soaking up the adoration of the fans. We, the fans of the Shakers, started a food bank and store card scheme which has been well supported but we need more local publicity. Are you able to confirm that our time in front of the camera was not in vain please?.

Yours hopefully,
Ian J McKernan.
And this was their reply
Dear Ian,

Thank you for your recent email regarding ITV News Granada Reports. 

I am sorry to hear of your recent disappointment.  

I can confirm that I have forwarded your email to the above newsroom for their information. 

Should you wish to contact them directly their details are as follows: 

Email: granada.reports@itv.com 
Weather: granada.weather@itv.com 
Telephone: 020 7157 3000 (ask for Granada Reports) 
Web: http://www.itv.com/news/granada/ 

May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to contact us here at ITV Viewer Services. 

If we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Kind regards, 

Hilary
  • Love 1